Huge SMS/ messages ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. gregptpt

gregptpt New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 6, 2010

I bought my HTC Desire Z and am so happy with it overall except for one major problem. the messages.

The 2nd night I had the phone, I woke up to find all my SMSes gone.

Today I couldn't get in. There was a circular progress symbol going on and on and on, till I had to remove the battery and thank God it was working with all messages intact.

Has anyone else encountered these problems?

Thanks in advance!

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Sounds like the messaging app hung. Battery pull reset it. Probably a restart would have been enough.

I haven't that your specific issue. I did have a problem where I could not use the voice recognition and had to do a restart. That resolved the issue.

I'd monitor it for the next few days to see if it recurs.
  3. Xuthus

Xuthus Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    I haven't had the issue with the messages application either. On the other hand a re-start on these phones takes so long (like rebooting a PC) that it is worth knowing how to kill an application that is not working. If the home button works you can do Menu |(the button)/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications, click the "Running" tab, scroll down to the application concerned, pick it and then tap the "Force stop" button.

There is never any guarantee that the data managed by that application will not be corrupt and unreadable when you re-start the application but there may be less risk doing it this way than removing the battery.