Hulu -- should it work?Support

Last Updated:

1. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I see mixed reports on people being able to watch videos on Hulu. Does it work for you? if so, what are you doing. I'm using the stock browser and the upgraded flash. The site loads OK but I can't watch any videos.

Advertisement
  2. jeffkro

jeffkro Member

I think its intentionally blocked.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

works if you have the .apk and fixed flash i think

4. jrmckins

Which apk? and which "fixed flash". I have the newest flash available 10.1.92.8

5. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

New has nothing to do with it. You likely need root, and a rom that supports it, like virtuous 2.5+, or skyraider 3.0. then you uninstall flash, install the fixed flash, and the hulu.apk (you will know where to find these when you have figured out how to root I assure you).

Got it working on mine, it's still very choppy, so if hulu would be the only reason for rooting, you might reconsider.

6. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Hulu will not work (intentionally designed by Hulu this way - they don't have the licensing rights), but there are some "tricks" out there that sometimes gets Hulu to play. However, Hulu is pretty quick at identifying these holes and patching them.

7. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Works just fine on Skyraider 3.0 RC2. I installed all the apks that came with it (copied to your SD card during ROM install) and have no issues.

8. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

What's their deal? Why do they insist on blocking mobile users?...and why do they put so much effort into quickly identifying these loopholes?

9. jrmckins

Prison avoidance

10. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

not at all.

In fact, the line between mobile and desktop is a very blurry one. What about netbooks with 3g built in? As long as they run windows they will play hulu. I don't know what hulu's licensing situation is, but if a 3g netbook can do it, then an htc incredible should as well.

It's far more likely that while believed to be licensing, it's instead profit driven. Because iphone users will pay for the same things PC users get for free, hulu and other outlets are seeing green. Ban the service from working on certain platforms, then come out with an app that they can charge money for, and cha-ching.

11. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

Only their not interested in making an Android app. I say we bombard them with mail and change their minds. Tell them it's not fair that iphone, itouch, and ipad get apps but we don't. Let them know that Apple isn't the only platform out there for mobile.

12. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

Well for Apple users it's not free. If you go to the hulu website you will see that hulu is charging a subscription to having it on three products (iphone, ipad, ipod touch). It sucks.
    The only solution right now (without adding some type of software) is have a laptop and tether but who wants to do that all the time.:confused:

13. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

Yeah like that would mean I have to somehow get my laptop AWAY from my 10yo. Good Luck with that!:( Though as it is I am paying the subscription for me to get it streamed to my Sony Blue Ray. So no added loss for me)