hulu...

Last Updated:

1. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running virtuous 2.2 rom, v2.3. Hulu just tells me my platform is not supported. How do I get it to work?

I tried installing a 'fixed' flash, but it seems that if I install anything that came with the rom, it just force closes. Happened with the news and weather widget, and happens with flash. The only one that works at all is the one that came with the rom and is in the system folder.

Someone help?

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Working for me on Skyraider 3.0 RC2. I made sure to install all the apks that the ROM drops onto the SD card.

3. Adamx

I wish I could get help with this, I don't really want to post over in xda and no one else has mentioned it as an issue. bleh.

4. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

I was searching xda all moring and it seems people stopped talking about it around July, but here is what i have gathered...

You must have a deoxed rom (which skyraider is) and obviously be on 2.2 with flash 10.1, the Nexus one can do it but it's Vanilla

Here is what i dont understand..

There is an app called LIVE TV and it plays tv stations and other streaming videos but it doesn't work on the Incredible but it works on the Evo?!?!?!?! WTF?

5. Adamx

well live tv and hulu aren't related.

But anyways, yeah I don't know why it doesn't work. Maybe virtuous rom doesn't support it, but it sounded like it did.

6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Live TV app? Not seen it. Any good?

Are you folks talking about the Sprint TV app? If so, it is not supposed to work on other devices on purpose.

7. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

VERY frustrated that HULU won't work since 2.2 Official OTA release. I am thinking of going back to Third Wave ROM, it worked flawlessly and HULU worked just fine. Will there ever be a work around or fix for this?

8. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

hulu is working for me.

I got the instructions from xda, i found it after searching last night for about 5 min.

I think it was under one of the skyraider threads in the dev section.

9. Adamx

skyraider rom? if so what version are you using?

I know of the instructions and apk and changing useragent and it doesn't work, I need to know specifically what mods are currently still working with hulu, cause apparently some don't work even if you follow those instructions.

10. tudmf

tudmf Well-Known Member

11. Adamx

I got it on skyraider 3.0 rc 3, but it's real choppy.

12. rwrightr1

rwrightr1 New Member

I downloaded Skyraider RC3 tonight and the hulu.zip update which fixed the hulu app. I am able to watch hulu using the hulu app without any problems on wifi. It does have issues on 3G but for my purposes I will be using the wifi anyway. I had to go into aplications and uninstall the flash player before installing the zip. I then went into the Skyraider folder on my sd card and installed the hulu app and hulu flashplayer. Now it's working fine.

13. Adamx

even over wifi mine was like 3 frames a second max after a little while. like the phone was completely bogged down.