• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hungry? grab a can!

Nothing seems particularly unusual here, certainly whole chicken in a can is quite normal, most of the others are just various meat products. Although the idea of canned cheeseburger or strawberry jam sandwiches sounds a rather....ewww!

I think a lot of what you see and don't see in a can, is down to the country you're in. In the UK you don't see canned donkey meat or camel meat AFAIK, but they're available in a can here. Appears to be a USA article, so I think the idea of canned scorpions is unusual for that country, but not unusual for China.

Upvote 0
Oh nasty!! I've heard of the Pork Brains - I work with a printer who sent me a pic of the label a couple years ago. It all looks so gross

Pork brains are OK, we boil them in a hotpot style usually with chili beans, coriander, garlic mixed with other meats and vegetables, it's quite spicy. It's like a mala tang dish.

Upvote 0
Whole chicken in a can? *pukes*
I hope the can of warm is for fishing...

Only (international) can food that I crave for is Fois Gras
image.php

Upvote 0
Reminds me of when I was in France. I didn't speak a word of French and was in several restaurants where the menu was entirely in French. I would generally point at the least expensive menu item and eat that. No clue what I was eating half of the time.

When I was in France, I just knew to look for certain words on the menu, like escargot, cheval and grenouille. Had no problem eating them though, I'm not fussy.

Now I know much more Chinese than French, so when I see a Chinese menu I can usually order dishes no problem and know what they are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones