Huntsville, AL, Coverage?

Last Updated:

1. GoBucks!

GoBucks! Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone in the Huntsville area that can say how the Sprint Voice/Data coverage is?

I'm considering switching from AT&T, I had been waiting on Verizon to release the Fascinate, but the news today is it will be an October release. So. I signed up for the EPIC, unless I hear that Sprint is terrible, I will give it the 30 day trial period anyway.

Currently driving in/out of my neighborhood, AT&T drops calls and gets garbled so that you can't understand what someone is saying. At work, I can't get a signal 99% of the time. Also, at work several other people have the same issue, it's not my phone. The T-Mobile people have the same problem at my office, but the Verizon people have NO problems at all.

Thanks,
    Sam

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I would check the coverage map at Sprint.com The nice thing is you have 30days to test any phone with Sprint, so if youre not happy you can return the phone and NOT be charged, not even for the data and minutes you used. Definately a nice feature. Also, I lived in Texas for quite sometime and traveled extensivly over northern and eastern Texas... the coverage was great. You cant beat the Everything Data 450 plan for 70 bucks a month. On top of that Sprint has discounts for 100's of employers, you may even qualify for a discount depending on where you bank.

3. GoBucks!

GoBucks! Member This Topic's Starter

I'm aware of the 30 day trial and coverage maps. I also know from dealing with AT&T that a coverage map doesn't reflect real world use.

I don't want to waste Sprint's time or mine though if their coverage is as bad as AT&T's in this area. Just 15 miles away at my parents house I get a solid 5 bars with AT&T, 0 at work, 1 or 2 at home.