1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Hurricane Sandy Relief

1. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

Yesterday I received this text from VM:

"Hurricane Sandy Relief: To assist you during this difficult time, Virgin Mobile has extended your service"

Has anyone else ever gotten a message like that? Any idea what it means?

I do live about a half hour from Atlantic City, and my service was crap for the last few days because of Sandy. (Sometimes I had to use Google Voice to send texts - lol.) So are they giving me something for the lack of service? That would seem very proactive for a wireless carrier .... or for any company.

Advertisement
    :
  2. tuller

tuller Well-Known Member

I received the same message yesterday...checked my account and they have put $30.00 in my account, (I'm on the $25 a month plan) and I have my account set up for auto pay...I also checked the Virgin Mobile USA Facebook page and others that are in/near the affected areas have received the same text. So yes, it looks like a good thing from VM.
    Ranhead likes this.
  3. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

I'm an idiot ...... I even have the minute checker widget and never noticed that they gave me an extra $5.

4. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

I got a free month after telling them I couldn't pay due to power outage. And it seems like I have $5 in my account too. Thanks VM
  5. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

I got one of these for Hurricane Isaac. They put $55 in my account, free of charge.. that was nice.