hurry to close browser?

Last Updated:

1. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just started having this problem after rooting. now if i get on my browser (stock) and then close out when im done, and go to home or put the phone to sleep the little satelight dish lookin icon in the staus bar stays on. i think this is the gps..Anyway if i close all the windows i have running on my browser it doesnt matter because a new one always opens as my home page google. The only way to avoid the little icon staying on and severly draining my battery is to close all windows in the browser and hurry to push the home soft key before the google page completly completely loads.
    what can i do here? anyone notice this? thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

Does your Google homepage have anything on it to link it to Google Maps? I don't know how else the browser would use the GPS...

You could just turn off the GPS feature. It is on the power control widget built in to the phone, and it's a quick one-press toggle.

3. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

Kill the browser, or turn off the ability for google to determine your location.

4. Apeman

Apeman Well-Known Member

Use the power control widget.....

To do:
    1.Go to your home, find an available location for a widget.
    2.Press the settings button.
    3.Press Add
    4.Widgets
    5.Power Control

Then its pretty easy.......

5. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

Yes I had the same problem and I found that the easiest answer to it is to change your home page to something other than the google page. The google home page will always try to find your location to make use of the "near me now" feature on the page. I then put a google shortcut on one of my home screens for when I want to use google. When I am done and I close all the pages that are open it goes to my home page (not the google page). This keeps the GPS from searching.

Hope that helps.

6. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

great thanks!

7. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

You might want to check your battery usage in your phones settings.

Is Shopsavvy up there? If so, it's been having issues with taking over the GPS and keeping it active when something else requests GPS

8. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

There is no reason to change a home page or anything. Add the power widget to a screen and turn it off with one press always until you need it for maps then it but one more press away from being on!