Hydra kernals....?

Last Updated:

1. kimasters07

kimasters07 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Android forums... first post ever! o: ... i was wondering about the hydra kernals. I installed the latest overvolt hydra kernal. My question is when you go into idle, does it underclock for you? Or do you have to install undervolt to do that? Also can you install both overvolt and undervolt at the same time? (not literally at the same time but have both kernals at once to get the most power and battery saving?) Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

The latest overclocking Hydra Kernals do both.

For me (to get stability) I use #2 the 1.15 O/C @ 25MV. That gives your phone a little more juice to run a higher overclock. But on stock speeds it is undervolted. Best of both worlds

4. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

Their kernel kept crashing my phone. I recommended king's kernel.

5. ncwildcat

ncwildcat Well-Known Member

I disagree. Every Kernal treats every phone differently. I have had luck with the Hydra's, however, I also prefer AOSP, not sense. Hydra's Kernals will NOT work with AOSP, so I have begun to look elsewhere. I have found Kings Kernals to give great Benchmarks, but they all have lockup problems if you don't reboot every day. Adrynalyne does good kernel work also. If you are running any Hydra Kernels, he does not recommend the use of SetCPU, however I believe Adrynalyne does. King also does not recommend setCPU. The new test kernal that Koush put out works very nicely with my phone, INC-TEST #2, and is what I am running at the moment

Just my 2 cents

6. kimasters07

kimasters07 New Member This Topic's Starter

oooh okay so you can put both on at the same time... btw hydra works fine for me :)

7. rayporsche

rayporsche Well-Known Member

kernels.....................................................................