Hydra Kernel Issue???

Last Updated:

1. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hopefully one of you fine folks can help me out here. I'm currently having an issue where my browser shuts down when I open certain websites. In particular.....androidforums.com

The strange thing is it doesn't force close. The screen just goes black momentarily, then I'm back at my home screen. It's happening on all browsers, so it's not an application issue.

I've never had this issue before, and I recently installed Hydra Kernel #3 (UV/OV 1.15 w/ N).

Is this something other people are experiencing in conjunction with a hydra kernel?

If not, do any of you guys know what could be causing this?

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

In the last 24 hours, I've had that happen once using the newest Hydra UV+N kernel. Also had an occasional freeze when waking up the phone at the moment I should be able to swipe the homescreen bar. After about 4-5 seconds, I can swipe it and continue on.

3. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

I have had images.google.com do that to me before ever rooting or modifying anything on my phone.

4. Asterdroid

Interesting. Did it go away over time or after a reboot? It's still doing it since this morning. I haven't tried rebooting yet.

5. Asterdroid

Strange. Looks like it was the kernel. I switched to kernel #5 (1.113ghz UV/OV w/ N) and now the site is working. I did this after rebooting and testing with the same results.

6. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

I had intermittent results like this before I even updated my kernel. Disabling flash in the browser settings fixed the problem for me. Or using an alternative browser such as DolphinHD will also work.

7. Asterdroid

This was actually happening to me with stock and dolphin browsers.

8. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I have had this issue. It was so bad last night that I just got rid of it.
    None of the Hydra Kernels run well on my device. I have tried them all and they all make my phone choppy and crash my apps.