hydra kernel stock undervolted questions

Last Updated:

1. krnxejl

krnxejl New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 8, 2010
    hello i've been considering for a while to get the hydra kernel stock speed uv v0.3 but being new to all this, i was wondering how it actually works. im trying to figure out what i can do to obtain best battery life with good performance (stock speed seems to be satisfying for me)

i know that it sends "less juice" to your applications/hardware but how much LESS is that? im not sure if it has anything to do with it but when i look at my SystemPanel, i see the temperature and mV which is usually around 3900-4000. does the hydra kernel affect that?
    if UV indeed does give you better battery life, why does the HTC manufacture set the standard voltage at higher numbers? does it bring higher risk of frying the CPU if its set at lower voltage? or perhaps lags the device?
    Also, I have been reading posts where people claim that the Overclocked UV kernels are even better at saving battery life. is this true? something about how the kernel ONLY sends extra 25mv when the CPU hits 100% to make sure CPU doesn't fry out..

so what is your recommendation to which kernel i should look into? along with that, any additional tips or applications (like SetCPU) that i need to consider?

i did search and read about 5-8 different threads on hydra kernel topics but none of them seem to answer my specific questions.. i apologize if i didn't "look hard" enough.