Hydra over/under clocked kernal with wireless N

Last Updated:

1. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to tell that my phone is actually running at the 1.15 overclock? Also how could I tell that it is under clocked when idle? I just want to make sure things are working smoothly.

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

download the system panel app will show you the speeds or look in quadrant system info and it will tell the max and min clock available

3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I can't get any of these to work? Phone just hangs on HTC incredible screen. Have to restore. Am I missing something?

4. jwalker87

jwalker87 Well-Known Member

did you try all 3 of the overclocked kernels? He says to sequentially try them if the first/second don't work.

5. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

If you want to know if you have your Hydra kernel installed go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information and the third category down is your Kernel version. It will tell you have if you have Hydra installed.

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Sure did, even tried the very last one with no wireless n and overclocked a little less than than the others as I could care less about "N". I just downloaded and tried to install using rom manager. I'm a root newb so I could have screwed something up, but it all appeared pretty simple?

7. TheWhiteBandito

I don't use ROM Manager, but it's really really easy if you just use ClockWorkMod. Put the .zip onto the root of your sdcard, go to the CWM screen and do install from zip, find the hydra kernal zip and then install it, reboot your phone and enjoy!

8. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I'll try that method, do I have to rename the zip file or anything? Just wondering if there is some "common knowledge" that i'm missing?

edit: NO GO with the above method either. just hangs on the htc incredible screen, restoring backup now. Guess my phone just doesnt like hydra?

9. rayporsche

rayporsche Well-Known Member

the real question is ........where the heck we can get those freeking kernels ? for real !

10. Jonamerica

Jonamerica Well-Known Member

The site is down... anyone know of another location?

11. TheWhiteBandito

It doesn't need to be renamed. What kernal did you try? I know the site is down right now, but I first tried the Overclock, Undervolt (without wireless N) which was #2 in the list, that one hung as soon as the phone got to the lock screen. So I downloaded the Overclock, Undervolt, with a slight overvolt (without wireless N), that was #4. That one worked. Maybe try the next one like I did.

12. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I tried 3 different ones, 7 was I think the last one I tried, mild Oc undervolt with no n. Mine won't go past HTC incredible screen. I tried to load a Rom today to and that failed, I gotta be doing something wrong. Have the log and reported it. Weird, I usually don't have issues with this stuff. This one has me baffled, guess I just fail at android ;)

13. ncsttsccr

ncsttsccr Member

i am having the same issue as you gruss...i haven't tried w/ ROMs but every non-stock kernel i've tried won't get past the htc incredible screen on bootup

14. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Well at least I'm not the only one, no responses to my Rom thread really. I was hoping it was something simple but I have yet to figure it out. I'm an android newb but there has to be either something simple I'm missing or a slightly different build or something on the phone. I really really want to mess with Froyo so it kind of irks me.

15. Hanneman1011

Hanneman1011 Well-Known Member

Let me see if i have all of them on my computer. ill get a link....

Ok Go HERE, Found all of them.

16. Hanneman1011

What ROM's are you guys using? Any every phone is different. SOme people will be able to use kernels that some can't. I haven't had trouble with any of them. I know with CM6 i used the 1.15ghz Over-clocked with Undervolt and Wireless N. If you are having trouble with any of them not working. Try using the ones with overvolt. Undervolt will cause problems sometimes. Go on the safe side and use overvolt.

17. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I'm still standard, nothing fancy besides root. I tried to download different Roms yesterday but mediafire kept bombing on me.

18. leoskullz

leoskullz Active Member

Not working for me either. Has anyone who overclocked noticed a significant increase in performance?

19. Hanneman1011

I have with over-clocked but I used the undervolt kernel.

20. leoskullz

leoskullz Active Member

Just to make sure i'm doing this right, do I copy the actual .zip onto the SD card and try to install that or do I unzip it first and copy that folder.

21. Hanneman1011

Just copy the zip to the card. and then install from sd in clockwork

22. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yeah just tried the simplest without n undervolt. No over clock and the same result. Just hung on HTC incredible screen. Maybe my phone doesn't like hydra kernels and that's why skyraider won't work? Any help appreciated folks, at this point root is worthless to me as I have no use for wireless tether other than saying I have it :p

23. mahkee

mahkee Member

I tried all of the overclock versions, and had no luck with any of them. Same experience as last few posters. Heard in some irc channel, that it might be because of the qualcomm SOC manufacturing variance or something... The stock speed with the undervolt kernel is solid for me, and I do use the wireless-n, but isn't it backwards compatible with a/b/g?

24. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

yes it will work with all routers

25. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I rooted earlier and now I'm trying to get the kernal to work, but when I copy the 1.15mhz kernal, it downloads as a folder and not a zip file, so where is the zip?