Hydra Overclock Boot Loop

Last Updated:

1. johnbrain

johnbrain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a rooted Stock 2.1 Dinc. Went to use the hydra kernel #1 and it put me into a boot loop. I am restoring my phone from backup so not a big deal but does anyone know why this may have occurred?

I don't really need the overclock just thought I'd try it.

Advertisement
  2. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

I just posted about this. This exact same thing is happening to me too. I have tried the #1 overclock and the stock undervolt and they both put me in that loop. I would love a fix.

3. benjordan06

benjordan06 Member

Apparently this is pretty common. They suggest you go down the list of kernels and try each one at a time.

Personally, I tried all 4 OC ones and had boot loop on all of them. At the time, I was 2.1 stock as well.

4. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

I have tried two and they didnt work. The #1 overclocked and the stock undervolt. Very disappointing.

5. chrisjz

chrisjz Well-Known Member

i just had this problem happen to me a couple days ago. every kind of kernel i tried, it just kept boot looping. Go into nandroid then advanced restore. Select a date. and then restore boot. Shouldnt take long. Then reboot. This worked for me.

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I think you fellas need the older kernels since you're running 2.1. The ones posted now are the .32 kernels and are made for 2.2 I believe. Maybe somebody has a link to the .29 kernels?

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

8. zamugustar

zamugustar Well-Known Member

The old OC kernels caused boot loops for me on 2.1 as well, but the UV non OC one worked. After changing to 2.2 the new OC kernels work fine.

9. mangler1055

mangler1055 Well-Known Member

yeah, i had the same loop with all 4 of those kernels on 2.1. I agree, i think they're intended for 2.2. I installed ThirdWave tonight with kernel #1 and it works good enough.

but to be honest, i'm not sure what i'm looking for.