• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hydro Android 4.4 Upgrade?

KrisKringleJr,

I agree with you!

Recently saw this "Android KitKat Tests New Low-End Hardware Limits On Phone With 256 MB RAM, 1 GHz Processor"
Android KitKat Tests New Low-End Hardware Limits On Phone With 256 MB RAM, 1 GHz Processor

"Google says that KitKat will work well with devices that have 512 MB of RAM"
which Hydro has.

"Some manufacturers seem to want to take that a step further and go even lower-end, by making devices like the Celkon Campus A35k with only 256 MB of RAM -- half the minimum recommended for KitKat by Google"

Upvote 0
so how do we get this update for the kyocera hydro? c6530n model. question where in the phone does it tell you the model? and i'm trying to use the uconnect app and it quit working. i called chrysler and they told me my phone needed android version 4.4 and i have 4.3 i don't have the phone connected to a phone service i just use magic jack to make calls when i'm in a wifi area. so is there a way to get the android update with no phone carrier? thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones