Hydro bloatware removed.

1. stingrays

stingrays Well-Known Member

I have removed with out any problems, Google music, movies, music and plus. Mobile ID, boost zone, talk, hmmmm... and a couple more. No issues. Seems to run a lot better and a better battery life. Just FYI..:)

Advertisement
    Tattooedgod and Pappy62 like this.
  2. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

Great to hear that! I've been waiting on removing anything major(?) until we have a working recovery, so I didn't want to play the role of guinea pig. lol
    At least, not yet...

Thanks for letting us know!
  3. stingrays

Yeah I have a back up so oh well.. Im still waiting for the recovery as well to see what the effect of removing the eco mod.
  4. Robertech

Robertech Well-Known Member

Eco mode removed with no lingering side effects that I can see. Only suggestion is kill the process "com.Kyocera.ecomode" before uninstalling the app or u get a recurring error popup until u reboot. Still, everything seems to be gravy :)
    Tattooedgod and stingrays like this.
  5. Trancenstuff

Trancenstuff Active Member

I've been wanting to drop ice..and the stock browser.since chrome works dandy.but i was waiting on recovery.thanks on google+, and movies...you think google books would be ok?
  6. Robertech

i tossed books no prob. let us know how it goes with the browser and ICE
  7. Trancenstuff

I won't be the Guinea pig :p..i know my transfix didn't like the browser gone..but must other phones have been fine with it..i don't even know what ICE is!
  8. Robertech

it seems ICE is a part of the contact list where you name some one as an emergency contact. ICE - In Case of Emergency
    i think i'll leave it installed lol

just swapped the browser with chrome, so far so good. i'll update if anything buggy happens
  9. Trancenstuff

Yeah,i looked it up..im going to keep it too....blah i can't wait for recovery..
  10. stingrays

Glad to hear eco mode came off. Hope it saves more batt life. Dont care for the browser so im going to give chrome a shot before i wipe it.
  11. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

you can ditch music vizualization wallpaper (dont work in ICS anyway i dont believe) and the live wall papers, musicFX (though you might want a replacement or audio is kind of plain) Bluetooth share, all of the map/gps apps.
    I froze rather than uninstall, until i can make a working back-up

I froze talkback by mistake (thought it was talk) did not seem to cause any issues.

Once we have a working restore, i will wipe them entirely, i am sure that ram could be put to some other use
  12. Chopstikwar

Chopstikwar Well-Known Member

I have taken off most of the apps that you have listed. I'm glad that you listen on there Mobile I.D because i've been wanting to get rid of that and I didn't want to brick the device. Thanks so much for your input. Hopefully this recovery is working out well.

Alfred
  13. Trancenstuff

The only thing mentioned that i have kept it's boost zone, and music fx for my own reasons..much better now, and the battery life had improved dramatically..it's between a while and i have had zero negative side effects!
  14. darkess3

darkess3 Active Member

how do you remove bloatware
  15. stingrays

I use titanium.
  16. stingrays

I use titanium back up off the market, but you need to root first. Once you have it installed, open it and go to back up and restore, select the app and uninstall. Be careful doing this, one its gone it history, untill we get a recovery.
  17. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

best way to remove apps is to freeze and then un-install yada yads
    glad to see improving the device is stable.
  18. darkess3

darkess3 Active Member

so how do it root it ?
  19. Trancenstuff

not just stable... its an all around improvement!!
  20. stingrays

This was posted by Annieroid.

Thank you jmz!
    Confirmed working on the Kyocera Hydro. I just did it successfully.
    I take no credit for this - all thanks to jmz above, and Bin4ry, kamistral, Team FreeXperia, et al @XDA for making this happen!

Root for the Hydro -

** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY GO WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE AS A RESULT OF USING THIS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ROOT-RELATED ACTIVITIES YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE
    It worked fine for me, but your mileage may vary, so - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!**

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1328668&d=1347724800

*Download the file above.

*Connect phone to computer, and select "Media Transfer" on the phone (go to "System", "Developer Options" and make sure "USB Debugging" is checked)

*Run the "RunMe" file in the "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v2_win-linux" file you just downloaded, and select "3> Other" in the on-screen prompts.

*The phone will ask you to enter an encryption password... hit "restore my data" on the bottom of the screen on your phone.

*Follow any further on-screen prompts, your phone will reboot, and you're Rooted!

*NOTE*
    (Still working on a Recovery atm... I will check back and report when I have it working - BUT UNTIL THEN, BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT WHAT YOU DELETE/CHANGE - WE HAVE NO RECOVERY AS OF YET)

Be careful, and enjoy!

*Edit* ~
    It's probably best to wait - as stated above, we have no working recovery yet. If you add or delete something, and your phone goes nuts or you loose service, you'll be forced to do a factory reset and start from scratch all over again - IF you don't brick it altogether. Until we have a working recovery, rooting this phone should only be done by Devs and those that fully understand the risks involved, and are willing to take them while we work on getting a functional recovery.
    ringostarr1 likes this.
  21. C3Pdr0id

C3Pdr0id Well-Known Member

Stingrays, when you said:
    does this bring your phone back to a new state like when it came out of the box? or will my apps & configurations remain intact?
    thanks
  22. Pappy62

No. It won't restore missing data or apps - all it does is root the phone.
  23. Pappy62

"Annieroid"? I've never been called that before.
    Is that anything like a "Hemorrhoid"?

I have been called that before. lol
    :p
  24. C3Pdr0id

C3Pdr0id Well-Known Member

ok, let me rephrase. I have added apps & set configurations- personalizing it.
    If I root it will it resort to factory settings like it does in doing a hard reset?

thanks
  25. Pappy62

No - as I said before, it should just give you root access.
    BUT - if your crops die or roof falls in, don't blame me. lol

Seriously - I never owned this phone, and had access to it for only a few weeks. (just long enough to root and slightly de-bloat it. lol)
    I can't help much in regards to issues some of you might have - but I'll help out all I can.