• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hydro Vibe Various Tips

ElZukubrozo

Lurker
Dec 29, 2014
Hey guys! So I bought this new phone hoping to customize it with all sorts of stuff like custom ROMs, kernels and recoveries, but as most of you might already know none of this can be done :( (For now, hopefully), anyways, one observation I made was that the battery life is sorta short :/ but if you've rooted your Hydro Vibe already, I suggest using an app called Greenified, which reduces the screen brightness more than the system lets you decrease it. The other one is called Pixel Battery Saver, and with this one you can lower the image quality by pixels, saving even more energy! :D I've underclocked the phone from 1190 MHz to 600 MHz and it still runs kind of smoothly :D I suggest doing this as well because the system keeps the CPU at 1190 MHz more than 50 percent of the time, which is quite meaningful to the battery life, and if you're into games, I suggest getting GLTools for tweaking the GPU for any app, which is very useful, for instance, I underclocked the phone to 787 MHz and used GLTools on Shadowgun, and it ran with almost no lag! :D For the underclocking, use SetCPU, and set profiles :) Also, I have 2 issues with the phone, and I'd like to know if you guys have them as well: One is that while charging, the LED stays red and gets stuck on 99% :C Also, when I set the volume for media too low, an interference-like sound can be heard, or more like a broken speaker :C If you've updated the phone's firmware, please let me know if it's better than the Jelly Bean firmware and why :v Happy new year! :D Also try Smart Launcher 2, you'll love it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Handsome Jack

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones