Hyperdrive [ROM] S4

1. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

I got it going now! Thank you. If your running it can you tell me how to put the date in the status bar? I can find the day and time but not the date.....
  2. matther22xdroid

matther22xdroid Well-Known Member

In the instructions for installing this ROM over at XDA it says you must have a loki'd recovery. I am confused as to what this is. I am currently rooted, using CWM recovery, and running CleanRom 1.5 odex. Could someone help me to understand the Loki'd Recovery?
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Somewhere I saw (it could have been that thread) that loki'd recoveries are CWM and TWRP, so you're good to go.
  4. matther22xdroid

matther22xdroid Well-Known Member

I did some research and figured out that it was called that because of the dev who created the exploit pretty much. I just didn't realize they were automatically "loki'd" recoverys.
  5. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

RLS5 is out

Changelog:

Added Hyperdrive Custom Extended 7 Way Power Menu with :
    -Power off
    -Airplane Mode
    -Restart
    -Recovery
    -Download Mode
    -Flashlight Torch
    -Bug Report

Added Fully Native CALL Recording!!

Developed my own Zeus Galaxy S4 Kernel ( See post 5)

Completely Restyled Hyperdrive Control

Updated About Rom Section with new helpful links

-Updated Deviant Development Team with links to profiles

Completely restyled and updated HyperdriveOTA

Restyled my Hyperdrive Graphics in Settings

Completely restyled my CustomSettings

Added new Mods and Tweaks to CustomSettings
    -Added Screen animation mods :
    --Choice of Screen Off animation
    ---No Screen Off Animation
    ---CRT-off animation
    ---Fade Animation
    --Choice of Screen on Animation
    ---No Screen on Animation
    ---Fade Animation
    -Added Long Press Menu to Kill Current app With Toggle ON/OFF!
    -Removed MW manager as all apps are enabled by default
    -Added PIE Controls (Customizable AOSPA style Nav Bar)
    -Added Custom Font Installer
    -Added Kernel Control app
    -Removed Fast Dormancy Toggle
    -Added Advanced Xposed Tweaks from Nottach if you want
    -Added Root Browser with Script Manager to run shell scripts included in rom
    -Added Shell Scripts to rom to data/media/HyperdriveROM/Scripts:
    --Toggle Boot Animation ON/OFF
    --Toggle Nexus 4 Navigation Bar ON/OFF

Added Patched Services.jar for less lag and fewer launcher redraws

Added my Best Brightness Mod which slightly lowers autobrightness levels to improve battery life!

Added Custom Hyperdrive Wallpaper Chooser with Awesome Hyperdrive Walls by my graphics man JBoss

Added SPlanner from I9505 and fixed 4x4 Calendar Widget

Added White Keyboard from i9505 Galaxy S4

Added Android 4.3 Photosphere Camera with new features!!

Removed V6 Supercharger Binaries

Added New Custom Init.d Scripts

Added Best Multitasking Fix

Added Genie Widget from AOSP to data/app

Added cLock Weather/clock widget from CM10.1 to data/app

Added Google Galaxy S4 Boot Animation

Fixed Battery Icon issues in CustomSettings

Added Transparent Status Bar for ALL Wallpapers on Launcher

Apps in launcher are now listed alphabetically by default

Added ability to open unlimited tabs in browser

Added Custom Stock Browser Bookmarks

Added ability to link unlimited Contacts

Added ability to type almost unlimited contact length

Miscellaneous CSC Hacks and fixes

Updated Per App DPI Settings

Updated Flipboard

Updated SuperSU and newest su binaries

Updated Blurb

Updated Google Now

Updated Peel

Updated Talk to Hangouts

Much Faster

Much more butter and smoothness

Theres alot more i'm forgetting but this update is pretty ridiculous :)

He has also made his own kernel. It will be in post #5 of the XDA thread. But as of yet post #5 is just a place holder for it. Process will be flash ROM then kernel.

Link to thread is on the first post.
  6. djones1005

djones1005 Well-Known Member

I'm currently running RLS5. I don't recommend anyone flashing this build due to loss of GPS. He's working on a fix. All other builds before work great. Also, I have no clue how to activate and use the PIE Control. Can anyone thoroughly explain to me how to get this to function? It's driving me crazy not knowing lol. Thanks.
  7. halon

I read about it in the forum but I can't remember which page? Use the search function for the thread, type in 'pie'. I don't have the S4 but I have been keeping an eye on that ROM and the S4 because I'm considering getting it here soon. Some people the GPS works fine and for others it doesn't. There are some fixes that work but not for everyone. Possibly bad downloads of the ROM?
    djones1005 likes this.
  8. djones1005

Not too sure if it's a bad download. I've download twice and fresh installed both times. Still no GPS. They're working on a fix so hopefully it's fixed my this weekend. It's really the only time I use it lol otherwise I'm working many hours during the week. Got to. It's a struggle out here!
  9. Podivin

Yep, there is a link to the original PIE thread buried somewhere in the Hyperdrive thread, try search in the thread, or just look for the original thread there on XDA.

@Halon, I've had mine for a couple of weeks (from a Razr Maxx) I'm quite please with it. I couldn't really decide between Hyperdrive and CleanROM. Downloaded them both then ultimately flashed CR. Based on the GPS problems this might have been a good (lucky) decision on my part. :) In any case, I'm please with the phone overall
    djones1005 and halon like this.
  10. mills23

I have asked before over in xda and can't get a reply. Can someone tell me here, how I can backup my phone but exclude the last version of the hyperdrive ROM so it don't reinstall? I'm getting tired of having to redo everything every time there is a update.
  11. Podivin

You can use Titanium Backup to backup and restore your user apps. Note USER apps, NEVER restore system apps (TB separates them for you so that you don't have to know the difference).
    Many 3rd party launchers have an option to backup and restore your home screen settings, so that you don't have to mess with that.
    There will always be some amount of setup that you have to do with a new ROM, but I can usually have my phone back up and running and looking like 'mine' in about 20 minutes.
    And most importantly, you don't have to install every update... :)
    If you phone is working correctly and there is nothing you specifically want in the new version, just skip it.
    mills23 likes this.
  12. chadwick108

chadwick108 Well-Known Member

Running rls5.5 and have no issue with gps pie controls are in hyperdrive control, custom settings, ui mods, general mods, pie controls
  13. djones1005

I do not recommend download/installing RLS6. Users report having issues. I myself tried flashing multiple. Had to ODIN back to stock/rock bottom lol then recovery backup to RLS5.7 All is well once again but I will wait for a furture update.
  14. Podivin

Hey DJ, when you flashed RLS6 exactly which wipes did you do? I thought about asking that over in the official thread, but I wasn't sure I'd get an answer (it's fast moving and messy over there, with many people obviously skipping messages - or entire pages - while reading). Lots of folks who are having the problem say that they 'did the wipes', but don't ever really go in to detail.
    I've never flashed that particular ROM, so have I don't know if I'd be one of the people that had the problem or not.
  15. mills23

I'm running it now without any problems.
  16. chadwick108

:D

RLS6 is by far the best yet...most customization out of a touch-wiz ROM that I have found. Ended up with a bad flash and had to flash back to stock but glad that I installed it. Just make sure to wipe 3 times format cache davlik cache and format system before installing. Have not found any issues yet and battery life seems better than rls5.
  17. djones1005

I followed directions exactly. Also tried multiple times installing with failure. I currently on version 5.7 but would like to do a fresh install. Can someone post a link here so I can download and do a fresh install instead of a backup? I've searched but don't know where to find. Thanks.
  18. chadwick108

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2301724

or previous version if you don't want rls6

http://www.empowernetwork.com/chadwick108/blog/the-most-popular-rom-for-samsung-galaxy-s4/
  19. djones1005

20. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member

I installed today and lost lte. I went into the mbile networks menu to change from cdma to lte auto or whatever it is and it would just hang, phone process would force clos3 and it woule change back to cdma. Any ideas?
  21. mills23

Is it just me or is the stock video player missing? I'm running this ROM and can't find it anywhere!
  22. Podivin

I'm not running it so I don't know, but is it possible that's one of the options in Aroma during setup?
    mills23 likes this.
  23. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Have you tried a battery pull, reboot or reflash? I often lose data after a fresh install but generally a reboot fixes it.
  24. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member

I reflashed and all was well.
    Podivin likes this.
  25. halon

I had plans of getting the S4 and keeping this thread going but I think I'll be going with the Moto X(or ultra maxx). If someone wants to take over go right ahead.