• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hyperlinks in email only work occasionally

schleima

Jan 29, 2013
This is happening across OS versions, and across phones, so I'm not sure where to post this.

My friend has a Razr Maxx with ICS and K-9. I have an LG Marquee with GB and K-9.

This is how it goes:

I compose an email to my friend from my desktop PC Yahoo Mail account. I copy and paste a URL from my browser and send it off to him.

When I look in my Yahoo Mail sent messages (on my PC), I see that the URL has been converted to a clickable link.

When my friend receives it on his Razr Maxx however, it is plain text and NOT a hyperlink.

If, on my desktop PC Yahoo Mail account, I were to actually make a hyperlink by programming it (using the hyperlink function), he receives these links as hyperlinks.

So, why doesn't K-9 software automatically convert hyperlinks the way Yahoo Mail PC browser version does?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones