• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hypothetical Question

Its been bugging me for a while since the warranty on my(rooted:D) Metro PCS LG Esteem MS910 expired.OK I have MetroGuard insurance,sooo what's the first thing I should do before making a claim on a damaged phone that will not boot up eg. water damaged,ran over by car etc and i cant unroot it?:thinking:
Keep in mind this is all hypothetical and nothing has happened to it yet,I'm only asking just in case the worst should happen.

That's a good question. It would be kind of hard for them to know if you rooted your phone if it wont turn on. Water damage you might not be as lucky though because in some cases they can still recover the phone and will be able to tell that it is rooted. As you have stated most companies null and void the replacement if your phone is rooted. I would probably make sure you know that the phone is totally fried before trying to replace a rooted phone.

Reactions: Im4Android
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones