I absolutely NEED to disable low battery alertSupport

1. flutterby8244

flutterby8244 New Member

Howdy,

I've been trying to disable this "feature", the high-pitched low battery alert, for some time now. And this forum post is a last resort (I read forums, I usually don't post though). The problem is that the "beep, beep" to let me know my phone's battery is low... triggers my seizures.

So that's not cool.

I'm an ex-codemonkey, but my mind isn't what it used to be. Things have been getting -slowly- betterer since the brain surgery, but... urgh... so slow! Just have to sit on my arse until I heal myself.

Anywayz, my HTC Desire HD has been rooted and has a custom ROM installed. I decided to delete everything inside /System/media, which fixed a few other sound issues that I had.

Do I need to recreate an empty file "/system/media/audio/ui/LowBattery.ogg"?

I've tried using external programs such as soundmanager to turn the system volume to zero, but I need something that ALWAYS works. Because if my phone starts beeping... I fall down and hit my head... not good.

So can someone out there work with me on this issue, please?

Thanks.

-Mandy

Advertisement
    :
  2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

Have you deleted LowBattery.ogg yet? That should fix you up.
  3. flutterby8244

flutterby8244 New Member

Yes. I have deleted all default ringtones in /system/media/audio. The current directory structure is...

/system/media
    445 Calendar.apk
    755 GPU (few bitmaps)
    755 audio
    755 weather (animations for app)

/system/media/audio
    755 alarms
    755 notifications
    755 ringtones
    755 ui

/system/media/audio/ui
    EMPTY

/system/media/audio/alarms
    666 Isenguard.ogg (my alarm)

/system/media/audio/notifications
    666 Isenguard.ogg (my sms tone)
    666 Code Lyoko.ogg (my old sms tone)

/system/media/audio/ringtones
    666 Dr Horrible.ogg (my current ringtone)

My ringtones have been permanently equalised using audacity, reducing the channels above 1.5MHz. High frequencies seem to be the cause of my seizures.

-Mandy
  4. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

You could try this app, and set the 'System Volume' to zero and it should stop the low battery sound
  5. flutterby8244

flutterby8244 New Member

I have SoundManager already. It works intermittently. It needs to be running to keep the system sound down. And the app is not -always- guaranteed to be running on my phone.

I need a permanent solution.

Thankyou though :)

I don't know why I still have any sounds at all, given there are no sound files left on the device...

-Amanda
  6. JEHighley

JEHighley New Member

Don't delete - rename LowBattery.ogg to LowBattery.ogg.bak.
  7. flutterby8244

flutterby8244 New Member

I don't understand. So the presence of a .bak file affects Android?

-Amanda
  8. JEHighley

JEHighley New Member

Erk! I somehow got the impression you were thinking of deleting the file as a solution rather than reporting that you already had - the rename suggestion was only a "best practice," in case you were to need the file for some reason in the future.

You're right, the presence of a .bak file shouldn't do anything in this case except hide the sound from the notification operation. Deleting it should have done the same thing tho'
  9. bsm800

bsm800 New Member

I was looking for a way to delete the file or to get this noise to mute. i came across ur question. i don't know if this may help you but i finally manage to delete it from my phone (SGS2) and no noise anymore

i had to root my phone, download Root Browser and grant it a SuperSU

then went to
    "system/media/audio/UI/Tw_Low_Battery.ogg"
    and delete it. :D
    I know u use different phone but i thought it may help someone else. thanks

Jeepmaster likes this.
  10. Jeepmaster

Jeepmaster Well-Known Member

Thanks bsm800,
    That worked perfectly for me. All I did was go the the folder bsm800 suggested and renamed a few sound files to a different extension. I renamed mine to .OLD
    TW_Battery_caution.ogg > TW_Battery_caution.OLD
    LowBattery.ogg > LowBattery.OLD

Of course my S3 is rooted and I use ES File Explorer.