I accidentally uninstalled clockworkrecovery? I'm in a bit of a mess.Support

Last Updated:

1. ad1nf1n1tum

ad1nf1n1tum Member This Topic's Starter

So, what I had done is installed cyanogenmod 6 on my dinc. I got tired of it, and wanted to go back to root stock. So I stupidly downloaded and updated (downgraded I guess) my baseband (I think?) to the stock baseband. Oddly, it still shows up as 2.whatever on the about phone menu. After this, I installed the stock incredible rom. The good news is that I'm not bricked, and I can still access hboot. Gah. Basically, all I want to do is to go back to stock incredible, unrooted. Right now I'm using the stock rom, but rom manager is still in my apps, and for whatever reason I can't restore my backup CM6 rom. (superuser fc's)

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent. I guess what I need is a way to revert back to the stock baseband? Or to unroot it. Currently I can't access clockwork recovery, so it would need to be something through hboot I guess. I'd be lying to say that I understand all of this, but my phone isn't bricked. If I can clarify anything, please tell me.

EDIT: So basically, I think that if I can get clockwork recovery working (currently when I try to access it by holding down the volume key and going to recovery through hboot, I get an icon that shows a phone with an triangle and an exclamation point on it) I can flash my recovery rom, and at least have a working phone. So that's really what I need help with.

Advertisement
  2. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

You may just want to do a search over at XDA Since I'm not sure exactly what your doing. Perhaps you can pm Koush for some help.

3. ad1nf1n1tum

ad1nf1n1tum Member This Topic's Starter

Fixed! I guess I installed the PB31IMG that removed the recovery, so I downloaded the new radio, which included clockworkrecovery I guess. Just updated it from hboot, and I went right in to recovery and am flashing my backed up rom as we speak. Phew.

4. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

Good to hear![​IMG]

5. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

Glad everything is better, but it sounds like you might want to do a bit more research on these topics before just flashing stuff (particularly radios, especially 2.0.5). That, and perhaps post this in the all things root section.