I am a complete noob when it comes to androids and I need to screenshot...General

Last Updated:

1. kittycap

kittycap New Member

I just got a ZTE Warp for my birthday and it is my first android phone.

I want to be able to screenshot on my phone without rooting it, is there any options at all that don't involve rooting?

I would root but I'm having reservations as I'm not very tech savvy and I don't want to brick my brand new phone...

Any suggestions????

2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

3. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Root it, Like Apollo said, very easy now. and safe!! Its the roms and OC that may get you into some trouble!!
  4. kittycap

kittycap New Member

I'm unsure to what ROMS or OC is haha
  5. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

Yes the answer to your question is NO Root Screen Shot It found here
  6. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous.. 5 bucks for a app that seems to getting.lots of bad reviews. I.suggest installing n00b Rom.. it will root your phone and install the best custom Rom we have available.. only takes about 2 mins after downloading the file and placing it on your sd card. Custom Roms are much better than the stock phone. We wouldn't point you in the wrong direction... we have made this phone much.better than it is stock.:p
  7. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

Roms are basically customized/optimized iterations of android that you can install... there are many options and you can install any one of them that you like... here is a list and reviews of most of the available ROMs http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=570308

OC equals overclocking which is basically cranking up the speed of the phones processor which in turn improves your phones performance

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  8. SelfElevated2

The reason I suggest n00b is.Because it's an awesome rom but.mainly because you can install it without using a computer, idk if any.other roms are flashable through stock recovery... but there are many great roms. For someone like your self who doesn't want any little bugs I would only suggest noob or warp cream sandwich.. but I'm.not sure if warp cream sandwich is set to flash through stock recovery.

It.used to be difficult and require a computer to root and install custom roms now it can be done straight off the.phone in a.matter of minutes
  9. SelfElevated2

The problem with showing her that thread jetx is she's not.going to want to go through the hassle of trying to install most of those roms as they require already having cwm.
    Jetx is the developer behind wcs by the way kitty. His Rom is very nice as well. One.of my favorites
  10. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Plus their are a lot of FREE screenshot apps for root users!!!
  11. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

She clearly said she did not want to root.So way has the only advice been given about root.smfh.
  12. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

This thread has a topic. I know this because I was able to find it up there in the original post. Since the topic isn't, "Convince me to root my phone then argue about it" I can see that the thread has gone off topic.

Please, stick to the topic and help the new member out with app suggestions.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the help you are looking for.
  13. SelfElevated2

Of the damned. I have no reason to convince the person to root other than her best interest. Bc the only app that allows screenshots w/o root is not only 6 dollars but it's far more involved than just holding the search button and hitting screen shot.. so we are on topic, we were simply trying to help the op be able to use the best apps for what she's trying to do;)

But hey I won't say the word root anymore.

So how about screenshoter, or screenshot?