I am a simple man with simple volume needsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Soy

Soy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I just got a Droid 2 and I think the phone is amazing... except for one thing.

I am amazed that the volume rocker doesn't function logically like any other volume rocker. I have heard brief mention of this being a common problem, but I can't seem to find any other threads on the issue.

Here's what I want my volume rocker to do: (just like any other phone,) I want it to adjust volume level, then go to Vibrate (everything!) and then go to Silence (everything!) Right now, when it goes to silent, some things still vibrate, and when it's on vibrate, some things still ring--and it is driving me crazy!

On a related note, it would also be awesome if I could set it up to silence all notifications beside phone calls, text messages, and the alarm, when I want it to, like when I'm sleeping.

If somebody could humor me and tell me exactly what I need to do to get my D2 to function in these respects like a regular phone, but while not impeding its other awesome functions, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    -Allen

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Check the market for volume control apps, I think I saw one that does that for you.

3. rpack

rpack Active Member

Search for Sound Manager in the market. It's pretty awesome. I think it will do everything you listed. What I like about it, is that you can set it to go to a certain volume at specific times. It's great for work, if you have to have the volume down, you dont have to worry about remembering to do that everyday, and forgetting to turn it back up when you leave work. But it also has all the volume controls in one place (ringer, notifications, alarm, media...) and a separate volume menu. Hope that helps! =)

4. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

This or I use Settings Profiles. It will let you customize all sound settings and how your ringer work (Silent,Vibrate,Sound&Vibrate,Sound). It also let's your put Brightness, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth settings how you want along with your sounds and ringer. It cost $.99 to get the widget which I recommend if you get the app. It works great.