• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I am all about gun control...

100% agree
I personally carry a grenade launcher with me at my neo-nazi rallies

I had a GL on my Yugo SKS, but I traded that rifle to my friend for the Norinco. The Yugo was just too heavy to carry, the Norinco is much lighter.

Yugo_SKS_M59_66.jpg

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
I remember an article where a Soviet General or something was saying that Russia had considered an invasion of the US during the cold war. They predicted that the armies could potentials be defeated but it would be impossible to regulate the civilias as they were too heavily armed.

This could have all been talk but it makes you think.

I think 14Mill guns is awesome!

Upvote 0
Okay...

So some of you people here think America does not have the right to defend itself...
Am i correct?...that is how i see it.... correct me if i am over the top here...

But if America did not defend itslef from the crazy world then it wud be invaded by crazy people...finish en Kla!

EDIT

Finish en kla is a South African Saying which means "finished and completed" basically.

Oh ja i remeber now... it is freedom of choice that is why people are allowed to collect guns...it is their choice...and i have 3 guns in the house because South Africa has turned into a crazy country but i really need them....i also collect magic the gathering cards...do i really need 1000 plus cards?
Ofcourse i don't but it is fun...

Ofcourse not everone needs alot of guns but aslong as they are responsible it is fine...

Upvote 0
I remember an article where a Soviet General or something was saying that Russia had considered an invasion of the US during the cold war. They predicted that the armies could potentials be defeated but it would be impossible to regulate the civilias as they were too heavily armed.

If the Russians were really of the mind that the trained and well equipped armed forces of the United States were inferior to those with a revolver in their nightstands and perhaps a few rifles in their closets, maybe that speaks to the stereotype of the Vodka-soaked brains of those in leadership there.

Upvote 0
If the Russians were really of the mind that the trained and well equipped armed forces of the United States were inferior to those with a revolver in their nightstands and perhaps a few rifles in their closets, maybe that speaks to the stereotype of the Vodka-soaked brains of those in leadership there.

Okay dude i understand what you mean here...

But in South Africa here we are on the brink of a "civil war"... simply because there are...a huge amount of uneducated racist scum that want to kill you for being...(okay i am not going to try and use race terms here)....a hard working person or an educated man / woman...but i am sorry i need to defend my family (my brother mother and father..).... i really hope you can understand what i mean here... and it's okay if you don't either...i wont be offended.. i don't expect you to understand what it's like here...

EDIT

But yes i agree america does not need so many weapons for "defense"... but for starting wars etc...Big bully on the play ground etc....etc... but america now has no lunch money aka economy problems.....and thats when the only big bully on the playground gets very dangerous...

Upvote 0
I love this thread it makes me happy (outside of the people who came here to troll)... anyways i am looking at guns from a realistic stand point...

they are my protection from Zombies...

BTW @ OstrichSak what are the calibers of your rifles?

Right now i only have my Model 700 Remington .22-250 and a Marlin .22

i was thinking about getting a .338 (not sure on brand probably Reminton i just love them) just cause i want to say i have a rifle that can shoot over a mile and still have enough power to kill what i hit :D

But seriously for those of you who don't appreciate guns in any caliber or type don't dog on those of us who do like to shoot no matter what the reason is.

Just know those of us who have them most likely will sit there and take apart our Rifles or sidearms and clean it religiously just to make sure it will keep working for many years to come. Also since we are on here we prolly like to know how things work so that is a plus.

i know that for myself i will get as much trigger time as i can afford there is nothing more important (other than safety) than getting good quailty practice in with your firearm.

What is everyone's favorite gun for whatever reason?

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
I love this thread it makes me happy (outside of the people who came here to troll)... anyways i am looking at guns from a realistic stand point...

they are my protection from Zombies...

Right now i only have my Model 700 Remington .22-250 and a Marlin .22

i was thinking about getting a .338 (not sure on brand probably Reminton i just love them) just caust i want to say i have a rifle that can shoot over a mile and still have enough power to kill what i hit :D

But seriously for those of you who don't appreciate guns in any caliber or type don't dog on those of us who do like to shoot no matter what the reason is.

Just know those of us who have them most likely will sit there and take apart our Rifles or sidearms and clean it religiously just to make sure it will keep working for many years to come. Also since we are on here we prolly like to know how things work so that is a plus.

i know that for myself i will get as much trigger time as i can afford there is nothing more important (other than safety) than getting good quailty practice in with your firearm.

Sorry dude... i din't mean to troll my bad :(

Upvote 0
@roxar

Yes i am a very sensitive person sorry fotr that dude my bad :D
Hey Roxor how many guns do you own? Thanx just curious dude :)

I have a pump action shot gun it is in pieces arround the house...i have a 9mil berreta and a revolver
what you got?

Okay... my favourite gun is my 12 gauge pump action....JEEPERS!!

It gives 1 hell of a kick!

:D

Upvote 0
Huh? We have been invaded.... 1812...

Yeah? How'd that work out? Things are exponentially different now too.

Oh ja i remeber now... it is freedom of choice that is why people are allowed to collect guns...it is their choice...and i have 3 guns in the house because South Africa has turned into a crazy country but i really need them....i also collect magic the gathering cards...

You had me... then you lost me.

You're statements are untrue. This has actually been expressed numerous times by many generals of foreign armed forces throughout history as the US of A is concerned. This was also famously expressed by the general of the Japanese Army during WWII when he said that 'invading the US would be impossible because it would be like there was a rifle behind every blade of grass'. Those who don't know or are complacent think that people don't invade the US because of how great we are and how everyone loves us and how it couldn't possibly happen to us. The simple truth is that there is one reason and one reason only that we haven't been invaded: Fear. Take away the countries right to bear arms and what what happens. Terror attacks don't happen against those who can defend themselves it happens in ways that the cowardly attackers aren't met with any sort of resistance what-so-ever. What would happen if the populace were unarmed and unable to protect themselves from attack? The mistake you make is that you assume all people who are military are somehow of different genetics and somehow the most prolific shooters in the world. While I don't mean any disrespect to our men and women who are currently and who have served but that's just not the case. There is an increasing number of civilians who are involved in training as a hobby and if you want to believe it or not there are LOTs of civilians who can handle themselves with a firearm. Not to toot my own horn but I beat current and ex-military personal (as well as current law enforcement) on a monthly basis at many different style competitions. From strictly handgun to 3-gun all the way up to long range precision competitions that were created to simulate what our scout snipers go through during a mission... all but the targets shooting back which I agree is a very large deal. I've been told by numerous current and ex-mil members that this competition is amazingly realistic and in some ways more difficult than what they actually do in real life.

So try to rid the notion that all civilians are silly hillbillies with guns who don't know how to hold their own.

BTW, here's a couple videos of the type of stuff 'redneck hillbillies' are doing as a hobby these days. I'm not in any of these videos because we don't run film to show off what we do, it's just a fun hobby for us. Just as an attempt to get the idea out of your head that you have to be military or LE to know what you're doing with a firearm:

YouTube - Magpul Dynamics Live Fire Drill

YouTube - Cut You Down

Look at the total number of active military personal in the US and then compare to the total number of armed citizens in the US and you will quickly see what the deterrent is to foreign armies who may want to invade us really is. 100 so so trained civilians can do WAY more damage than a single elite special forces soldier regardless of what movies will have you believe.

I assume you're talking about the four Sako TRG bolt rifles in the upper left hand corner. From the top is a TRG-42 which is a .338 Lapua Mag (20" barrel) which currently holds the world record for longest confirmed kill (x2) by a British SAS operator in the middle east recently. It was actually a Accuracy International rifle but same cartridge. It now wears a Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 optic and a ThunderBeast Arms Ti suppressor. Nothing like shooting an ears safe 300gr projectile at 3,000fps to engage targets out past a mile to get your blood pumping. The next one down is a TRG-22 in .308 26" barrel wearing a 16x Schmidt & Bender optic. Next down is a TRG-22 .308 w/26" barrel wearing a 3.8-22x US Optic scope. The bottom one with the 20" barrel just got back from being rebarreled and is my new competition rifle. It has a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and is running the all new 3.5-18x50mm IOR 35mm mil/mil ffp optic. It's about a grand less than the Schmidt & Bender optics at $2k and I really like this thing. I broke one Schmidt & Bender already so once the idea that a $3,500 scope couldn't be broke exited my mind I started opening up to some of the less expensive options out there. Not too many people have this IOR and I must say, I'm pretty happy with it so far. We'll see how long it lasts.

As for favorite? Regardless of what some think here they all do such different things that it depends on what I'm in the mood for but I would have to say whichever firearm(s) I carry for personal protection because it's what affords me the feeling of safety when I'm enjoying free life with my beautiful wife w/o the fear of some thug who means to do us personal harm. Pretty tough to say that a simple piece of metal that can do so much good every day of your life can't be your favorite.

Perhaps you do and perhaps you don't. ;)

I'm remarking on the supposed silly notion that some Russian general was quoted as expressing.

I'm not remarking on the right to bear arms by citizenry.

Again, you're wrong. Simple as that. Study history.

Upvote 0
Ostrick: Those PMCs?

PMCs? As in the ammo manufacturer? If that's the case then no, I hand load rifle ammo.

The rednecks I am scared of are the ones that are apart of the IKA and other white supremacist groups that do 'military' training.

That's the beauty of American... those nut jobs are out there but you are afforded the right to protect yourself from them. The unfortunate part is that ALL gun owning Americans that aren't LE or Mil are quickly getting lumped into this category even though it makes up less than 1% of the population.

Can you point us to where the Russian General or the Japanese General said those things?

Not sure where to cite it but it is pretty well known and has been said in passing by numerous representatives of numerous countries many times over the last couple hundred hundred years. It's also pretty simple fact that a well armed civilian population is the best deterrent to foreign enemies who may wish to invade.

Upvote 0
I mean in the video....Private Military Contractors. The garb they wear is traditionally what is worn by PMC's or SF.

Perhaps. ;)

I will tell you that everyone in those two particular videos is ex-mil and that's all I will say. The two in the first video are quite well known so there's not too many secrets there. Travis Haley and Chris Costa are both ex-mil and are no involved in tactical training state-side with a company called Magpul Dynamics which is an offshoot of Magpul which is about 15min from where I live.

Upvote 0
You had me... then you lost me.

Hey OstrichSak buddy!

How are you doing?

If you are asking why my shot gun is in seperate pieces around the house...it is hard to answer but is because of South Africa's crazy / mad government.... the ANC is trying to pass a law to recall / steal / call -in all fire-arms to controll the popultion and enslave the hard working people that make decent living here... and i don't want a mad government to steal my favourite gun period....

It belongs to me not them.... i don't care how much money they will give me for it...it's the principal... i need to defend myself in this crazy country.

Is that what u mean dude?

Sorry for the confusion buddy :)

Upvote 0
Ok, let me get off topic. Question for any/all that would like to answer. It is a cheap gun, would like it to be my carry weapon, it is the Ruger LCR (not lcp). Wondering if anyone has shot or has any info about this? Also anyone have picture/s or WWI colt 45??? I want one bad but..... Also have a wife.......

Gota love gun talk in a cell phone forum!!

Upvote 0
Hey OstrichSak buddy!

How are you doing?

Hey Stinkster. I'm unbelievable!

Is that what u mean dude?

No, I meant I was with you for the first part as in agreeing but then you lost my support when you started talking about your Magic the Gathering card collection in the midst of a firearm thread. Won't get too many supporters amongst the gun community. It was a joke.

Ok, let me get off topic. Question for any/all that would like to answer. It is a cheap gun, would like it to be my carry weapon, it is the Ruger LCR (not lcp). Wondering if anyone has shot or has any info about this? Also anyone have picture/s or WWI colt 45??? I want one bad but..... Also have a wife.......

Gota love gun talk in a cell phone forum!!

I've shot them. They're not too bad for a j-frame especially one of this size/price but wheel guns aren't my thing. If you're thing is an inexpensive concealable j-frame that shoots well then this is your firearm.

Upvote 0
Hey Stinkster. I'm unbelievable!

No, I meant I was with you for the first part as in agreeing but then you lost my support when you started talking about your Magic the Gathering card collection in the midst of a firearm thread. Won't get too many supporters amongst the gun community. It was a joke.

Hehehheeee! :)

Cool Ostrichsak dude!

Yes i know what you mean! I meant that people can collect whatever they want to that's all i meant dude!

Keep weell! :p

Stinky Stinky :)

Upvote 0
Ostrick: Those PMCs?

The rednecks I am scared of are the ones that are apart of the IKA and other white supremacist groups that do 'military' training.

I'm scared of the BNP + UKIP getting guns :p

After seeing Shaun of the Dead again, I know think every man, woman, child, dog, nazi, terrorist, mentally unstable person and child should own at least a dozen guns

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones