I am desperate

Last Updated:

1. olthefish

olthefish Member This Topic's Starter

Hi chaps, I have a bad feeling there is no good answer to this but I thought I'd give it a whirl anyway - basically my friends were pinning me down on the settee, and when i was release i realised I'd been lying on my phone..the screen was something I'd never seen before, like a sort of weird almost 'DOS' looking 'master giga super reset card wipe screen'.

My options were 'clear' or 'done', I panicked and took the battery out and turned it back on - hilariously everything was completely reset. i have my sim numbers still there, and the google profiles with email addresses but everything else has gone, most importantly numbers that were saved to google profiles.

is there ANY ANY ANY way of getting these back, I'll be in deep shite if not.

Thanks so much for any help forthcoming.

Advertisement
  2. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

You should be able to sync with your Google account to get the email addresses back. However, priority number one should be finding new friends.

3. olthefish

thanks for the advice - i have the emails addresses, but not the numbers that were saved to the google profiles in 'people'!

4. ohmaynitseric

ohmaynitseric Well-Known Member

^ +1. all numbers, profiles, etc. should be saved in your google profile/email. let google sync and everything should return. UNLESS you selected the option of placing your contacts on your phone itself, then its gone. But by default, it should be selected as Google.

pinning you down? serious? lol.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

ahhhh! a battery pull is a bad idea when something like this happens!! It won't fix anything, most likely screw up your phone good and proper, you're lucky it turned on again..! Sounds like some sort of recovery menu.. :/

Be more careful :p

6. olthefish

i'm just after the one specific number...sure it was bloody saved as google, but i've imported the google contacts and it's not come back, only the email address has...is there a specific way of synching that i've not done?

7. olthefish

or is there some sort of online archive of text messages i can view????? or get texts back? i suppose thats a stupid question..

8. kaine

kaine Well-Known Member

For the specific number, wait til your bill comes through and check the numbers ;)

9. olthefish

oh my god youre a genuis...

10. olthefish

i prostrate myself before your greatness

11. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Why wait for the bill to come? Check your use since last bill on line now - AFAIK all mobile companies allow you to do that.

Do I get a prostrate too? :D

12. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

Peter is right just check online you could track up to 6months.