I am getting some incredible MBPS download speeds on my nexus

Last Updated:

1. lmyamen

lmyamen Active Member This Topic's Starter

So i have been experiencing some really fast download speeds. I think T-Mobile must of updated some of their towers in my area (Des Moines IA). 2 weeks ago at my office i consitently got .55 to .68 mbps for download speeds which were not impressive. Well starting this past week i have been getting consistent speeds of 2.98 mbps all the way up to 3.10 mbps. I did the test using the "fcc" app in the market. Do my newer download speeds seem pretty fast to you guys? What are you acheiving?

Advertisement
  2. atn_chargers

atn_chargers Well-Known Member

T-Mobile is rolling out HSPA+. You might one of the lucky ones to get the service first hand.

3. zillah

zillah Well-Known Member

It may be HSPA+. I am in Philadelphia, a HSPA+ market.

I have had the good fortune of getting speeds like yours on one specific day at home:

4.07d 1.29u :eek:
    2.22d 1.23u
    3.06d 1.12u
    3.71d 1.28u

Ping was a ridiculous 80ms. :eek::eek:

This was at home...I almost tried to tether and use it for gaming; it was better latency than my dedicated internet!

Now I get a consistent 1.7d 0.8u on average. Nothing to complain about, surely to be proud of, but nothing like I got on that day. :)

Will post something if I find my speeds changing again.

4. lmyamen

lmyamen Active Member This Topic's Starter

That 4.07 is freaking incredible! I was seriously considering switching from t-mobile to go with a different company, my friend bought the EVO and was getting 1.6 mbps when i was only getting .55mbps. Now that T-mobile is upping there game in my area i am planning on staying with them!

5. twolves14

twolves14 Member

6. zillah

zillah Well-Known Member

Hardly the 21d and 5up that T-mo says is possible.

7. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

the speeds seem about right. here in socal on ATT i pull down 2.5Mbps download and 1.5Mbps upload consistently.

8. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

same here in Orlando ,yesterday I didnt have 3g at all. It was in and out. Now my numbers are double than they were before! woot!

9. dwd3885

dwd3885 Well-Known Member

You won't get 21d/5up because the N1 isn't HSPA+ compatible. But you will see faster speeds regardless.

10. BiGMERF

i thought i read that all of the android phones were

11. dwd3885

dwd3885 Well-Known Member

i think all android phones or most anyway, are hsdpa, but not hspa+. hsdpa is 7.2 and hspa+ is 21...I think..It's all confusing.

12. atn_chargers

atn_chargers Well-Known Member

Yo HTC!! Sell me a T-Mobile HD2 running Android, 12 MP camera w/ Xenon Flash, HD recording, super battery (standby: 1 yr.), live satelite TV, HSPA+ compatible, scratch resistant, water resistant, chick magnet, 4 MB dual core processor, full HD screen, super OMLED screen, surround sound speakers, USB attachment electric shaver, and I'll be set for the rest of my life! We'll call it...the HTC Colossal. Who's with me? :D

13. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Pretty similar here on the right coast. 2.4D/1.3U on AT&T

14. BiGMERF

My network type is umts. What's amazing is my ping a whoping 117. Now getting 4 on downloads and 1 on uploads

15. kingfroman

kingfroman Member

I got 5180 kbps down and 1574 up with a 92 ping here in houston.

16. The Shadow

The Shadow Member

Central England, o2 hsdpa 3.8meg

17. uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM Well-Known Member

I have no idea what my speeds are (haven't tested them) but the part of Orlando I'm in, my 3G went out like a month ago to the point where I sent it in for repair because Google (after troubleshooting and sending radio signals over the air to my phone) was convinced my radio went bad. Came back from repair, still no 3G while I was at work. 2-days later, it came back up and I was getting insane download speeds...so I'm guessing they were updating to the HSPA+ in the area.

I'm using my phone now as a wireless hotspot and running my PS3 playing Call of Duty online without a single hickup. Its literally running just as fast as if I was playing off my home wireless router.