I am having problems locating where to close windowsSupport

1. summber

summber Well-Known Member

Please help.

When I open up my internet via the round world icon.
    it says I have 19 pages, open or what does this really mean.
    how do I close all those pages?

thank you for helping me
    :(

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

In case you haven't figured it out by now, push the number and it will list all the pages. Push the "-" on all the windows you want to close.
  3. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I would also add, try using the Chrome browser instead--it should be already installed. Being able to use that was one of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade my phone to Jelly Bean.
    summber likes this.
  4. summber

I did this Darnell but they don't go away. the screen goes off an it says, lost internet connection.

then I have to hit the home button again. I think something is wrong with this phone.
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

On the screen once you press the number that shows all of your open windows, you should see an "x" in the top right of each window to close them out.
  6. summber

will see if I see what you are saying. Have my phone right here.
  7. summber

There are no x's. there is a + sign in the right corner.
    The windows, pages all open up, 3 at a time.
    There is a red minus sing on each of the windows on top right corner.
    When I tap a minus, the screen goes blank black
    then I get this note that says, Unfortunately, intent has stopped. and an okay button. :(
  8. summber

this really does suck because I'm probably going to have to find a darn store to get it fixed. :( very very :( :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  9. Goodspike

Have you even tried Chrome? Why bother going to the store to fix an inferior product?
  10. summber

I kinda just want the phone to work in all the ways it's suppose to. I can use chrome, no problem. I'll see how that works. :)
  11. Goodspike

If you use Chrome on your desktop, your "Bookmarks Bar" shortcuts are automatically synced with Chrome on your phone (assuming you're signed in on both browsers).
  12. summber

that sounds like a good reason to use Chrome. I may try it. since I have mack I use mainly my safari. But I may start looking at chrome. just for that reason.
  13. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Have you tried swiping the tabs left/right off of the screen to close them?
  14. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

You should be able to go into settings/more/application manager, scroll right to All, then look for Internet, then clear data and clear cache. It should work for whatever the bug is.
  15. SirEagle

Now for a rant:

Quit trying to force the guy to use Chrome, that will not fix the app he is using. My opinion and just my opinion, Chrome sucks. And everything you are telling him to do you can do with Firefox as well. Try any other browser you may like it better. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the stock browser. That said I'm not using it currently, I'm using FF. But going to that doesn't fix his issues with the stock app.

Done
  16. summber

we can get firefox for our Galaxy S4?
  17. summber

I don't know what i did to my phone now. Its' not even connecting..

I did get a text message but not it's not even connecting to the internet? WTH.?
  18. SirEagle

Search it in the Play Store.
  19. Goodspike

Sorry, you're right I should have added "or another browser." The point is though, they were having problems with what is not a very good browser, IMHO. Why not try something else?

Personally, I really like Chrome, and for me after using Chrome on my Nexus 7 it was a major reason to get a phone that had an OS past Gingerbread, since Chrome doesn't run on Gingerbread. And while you might not like Chrome, the ability to sync bookmarks and to have your Google Maps search history from your desktop show up in Google Maps for Android are compelling reasons to use Chrome. I'm not sure what syncing Firefox offers because Firefox on the desktop has lost its luster. I don't even have it installed anymore on my desktop.

And the reason for the repeated message is the first time seemed to be lost. There was another thread here recently where I suggested something, the OP missed it, then someone else suggested it, and they thought it was great. Sometimes suggestions are missed.
  20. Goodspike

There are several browsers. Opera, Dolphin and Puffin are others. Some of them may run Flash content, which may be an issue you'll run into in the future. I don't like my main browser to run Flash content, which is another reason I like Chrome.
  21. Goodspike

Another reason I was suggesting Chrome in my first post is it's already on the phone. Easy for a new user to try and avoids the need of having three separate browsers installed on your phone.

Although I'll admit getting used to looking for things in the Play Store and learning how to install programs is a good thing to do.