• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I am having wifi issues please help. Tx

I have searched on here and I can't seem to find the same wifi question, so I decided to post here (on the optimus m forum no one has said anything as yet,) moving on... I have a new optimus m phone, and for the first time I connected to my home internet (Belkin) it connected and stayed on for lets say an hour, maybe less. Then it disconnected at some point and wont allow me to my own. When I go to it, it says authenticating then disconnected then goes to linksys (poor signal so it goes on and off.) As I look at the Belkin network on the phone, under it says disabled, secured with wpa/wp2 psk. I don't understand. Its my network, I entered the keycode, is something wrong with the phone, or does something need to be done over? This phone is less than 24 hours old. Thanks.

You could have lost the IP address, etc.

The most common remedy for some router/wifi issues, given that all data is entered correctly, is to reset the router (not re-start, although that's not a bad thing to try as well).

A true reset is best.

btw my wifi us working on my comp and was w ou rking on my iphone with no troubles. What does losing an ip adress mean?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones