I am just cursed with screen protectors.

Last Updated:

1. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well its official, I am cursed. I have put 3 screen protectors on, and the first one the quality sucked and had scratches. The next was so so, but I had a coupon to zagg so I bought in invisble shield. OF COURSE, when I got it I put it on and there was a black dot in the middle of the screen under the cover. I tried taking it out but then during the process I scratched the back, the side got folded and scrunched and now the black dot is STILL There.

Just felt like sharing, haha fml

Advertisement
  2. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

The screen on the captivate is made of gorilla glass(supposedly) so it wont scratch easily. At least thats what I read. But I do feel like I should still be putting a screen protecter on it anyway.

3. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

Screen protectors suck. I've never had a screen protector on my iPhone 3G and 3GS and never had issues, even when putting them in a pocket with keys. I don't have one on my Captivate and won't either. Screen protectors detract from the feel of gliding your finger on glass and detract from the screen's color/contrast.

Unless you KNOW you're going to scratch your screen and that the flimsy screen protector will prevent said scratch, better to go without IMO.

4. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

Sorry, user manual and Samsung support both say it is standard tempered glass. Gorilla Glass doesn't work with SAMOLED yet.

5. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

ahhh sorry for the false info