• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I am looking to switch from my Samsung GalaxyS 4G To a New T-Mobile G2x?????? "YES or NO"

Well what do you guys think? Is it a good move? Does this new G2x have alot of issues/bugs?
The G2x sure sounds bad ass!! But is it really much better than my current Samsung GalaxyS 4G?

The only reason I would be doing this is because my wife has my old iphone 3G 8GB and it sucks. I would be giving here my Samsung GalaxyS 4G and I'd get the new G2x.

Any comments or suggestions would be VERY helpful!!!!!

Thanks in advance, mrmorris!:)

I have had my G2x since release day, and it has been functioning without issue, using Launcher Pro. There is a noticeable increase in speed in every aspect from navigating menus, to video playback, compared to sub 1GHz phones.

I will be returning it however due to the consistently weaker reception (10dBm to 15dBm less than my Moto Defy). I can live without the lack of LED notification (3rd party app "almost" makes up for it...app does not notify for native or 3rd party email messages), but the weak reception is leading to increased battery drain. I'm used to carrying a 2nd battery for all my other phones, but coupled with the lack of the 850/1900 UMTS bands, as originally reported, the G2x won't work "for me".

Based on your stated requirements, I'm not really sure what will work for you.

Upvote 0
I am on my 2nd G2x in 6 weeks. The wi-fi is an absolute failure, you cannot hear the person on the other end of teh phone because it keeps breaking up and now it takes 10-15 seconds to disconnect after ending a call. It has taken 6 weeks of fighting with T. Mobile over this issue for them to open a trouble ticket. Stay away from this phone until they can fix the bugs.

Upvote 0
This phone is excellent I am on my first one and I got it about a month after its relese. I have had a few issues but it is a computer and a few issues are to be expected. Nothing major though. It seems that some people have had alot of issues but I think that as a general rule the people that have problems will always be the most vocal because they are not happy. I would get the phone I dont think that it will have any problems you cant live with and then the gingerbread update will come out and fix anything that you dont like (HOPEFULLY) Or you can keep checking this forum and wait till the phone gets the update then buy it. This phone is still the best phone out there

G2X Rocks
Charlie

Upvote 0
I had the Samsung Galaxy S 4G, and exchanged it for the G2X. I was very happy with the Vibrant, but I accidentally dropped it and broke the screen. I would have been happy with the Galaxy S 4G, but it only comes with 1GB memory - half of that is RAM, half is actual phone storage. And a "new" phone only has about 200MB of actual space, after the ROM and pre-installed apps.

If you could install every app to SD, then maybe it would work, but many apps don't install to SD (nor can you move them). So that was a dealbreaker.

I'm pretty happy with the G2X, but given the option, I might go for the HTC Sensation instead. Or hold out for the Galaxy S II, whenever that will come out.

Upvote 0
I am on my 2nd G2x in 6 weeks. The wi-fi is an absolute failure, you cannot hear the person on the other end of teh phone because it keeps breaking up and now it takes 10-15 seconds to disconnect after ending a call. It has taken 6 weeks of fighting with T. Mobile over this issue for them to open a trouble ticket. Stay away from this phone until they can fix the bugs.

love the wifi works perfectly for me connects really fast and the sound quality on calls are crystal clear and the data transfer lighting fast. I would say give it a shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones