I am now rooted!

Last Updated:

1. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 5, 2010

Great rom, but would like to get a different theme for task bar. The text in it I get when I get a text message is too dark to read, plus just want to try different themes. Any ideas on where to get these? Also, any tips on OC & UC would be appreciated or any tips in general. Thanks in advance.

2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010

For OC/UC, i would highly recommend downloading SetCPU from the market. it isn't free, but the profiling system alone is worth the $1.99. for example, i have my phone running at 1.1gHz with profiles set to lower it to 800mHz if the CPU temp gets above 45C or the battery gets below 30%, and to 550mHz if CPU temp is above 52C or battery is below 15%. i also have it set to underclock down to 250mHz when the screen is turned off. all of this adds up to great performance, good battery life, and a failsafe against overheating your CPU. remember that different kernels respond differently on every phone. you may need to try a variety of them from different makers, involving different clock speeds, and different voltages. i would recommend loading a bunch of them onto your SD card before you start changing them so that if you get stuck in a boot loop, you can simply reboot into recovery and try a different one.