1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

I am Peter, a Captivate user...

1. petercmonroe

petercmonroe New Member

Hi, I purchased a Captivate because I am on an ATT family plan and I don't like Apple and what they stand for. I was all excited to have my new advanced phone, but now I am encountering a lot of problems. I can't get the google calendar to sync with my calendar, which doesn't look like my friend's google calendar on his Tmobile phone and which I suspect is some crappy ATT calendar. This is my #1 issue, as I got the damn phone to meld my calendars on the phone and computer and better organize my life. I have read some of the forums and my head is swimming, I am not tech saavy enough to do a lot of this stuff... and I don't know the difference between rooting, unlocking, jailbreaking etc. I can follow simple directions but don't even know how to get the phone to show up as an Itunes device. Please someone steer me in the right direction... maybe someone has written a beginner's post I can check out. I have to live with this phone for 2 years and I want to make the best of it.

Thanks,

Peter

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

It know it seems like information overload but the best place for you to start reading is on the Captivate forums. You'll find lots of good information and helpful folks there...

Samsung Captivate - Android Forums
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D