I am ready to set my Airave, my EVO or both on fire

Last Updated:

1. hyperblau

hyperblau Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting four bars, and the 3G works fine. I can browse the web, etc. When I try to place a call, it brings me to the dialing screen, and right when it would normally start ringing, it just hangs up. What could possibly cause this??--------------------------EDIT: I tried nandroiding back to the stock 2.2 rom, updating PRL and profile. I flashed the newest radio. It's offering me an OTA update to 6.29.651.5, I think. Should I take this? Will it unroot my phone? I really need to be able to make calls, I'm trying everything to get this working.

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

it will unroot your phone but you will be able to root after, but be careful, you may fall victim of the half root. i had similar problems, i updated profile and prl called sprint and they said that they were doing "service" in my area, a day or 2 later all was fine

3. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

I had the same prob not to long ago. Try unplugging the airave and restart it. That's what fixed mine!

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Have you tried updating the radio, wimax, PRI, nv?

5. matpend

matpend New Member

I've had major Airave issues with my Evo 4G for over a year. Dropped calls, phone doesn't ring, etc. I finally figured out that you cannot have any of your DSL cables on or near a surge protector. The surge protector should not be near the phone jack either. I moved the surge protector away from the jack and cables and have had no more problems.

6. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

^ Ahh.. classic interference.

7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I have my dsl connection 1 to 2 inches from my main computer surge protector, then the Airave is about 6 inches from both. Workes flawlessly, mine is the airvana model with 3G.

8. BrianJB

BrianJB Well-Known Member

Honestly I thought the airave was a piece of crap when I first got it...I had a thread on here talking about it. I could never get it to work, when I did I had all of the issues that you had. And it would always kill my modem so I would have to reset my router,modem and the airave.

But I havent had any issues with it after that first month. I think a BIG part of the issue was that my ISP was having issues with their service. Although they would never admit it to me. They were out for about 2 weeks working on the lines in my neighborhood. Ever since then I havent had any issues.