I am Rooted, but can't seem to get ROM Flashed! HELP!!

Last Updated:

1. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if I am just dumb, or what but I have a problem. I am running 2.1 rooted and I am trying to flash Fresh's ROM onto my phone. I have put it in the root dir of my SD card. I have renamed it update.zip. When I go into the boot mode and select run update.zip from the menu, it never installs. It always says error. Also, the only choice I have at the boot menu is update. I don't have the choice to choose the zip file I would like to run. Am I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. theimpaler

theimpaler Member

What is your RA version? It will say at the bottom of the screen when you boot into recovery mode.

3. radxcoresteven

radxcoresteven Active Member

What's the error? Once I copied an incomplete zip and tried to update, and it failed giving me an error..

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

What do you mean you are running 2.1 rooted? 2.1 isn't released yet, so unless you either flashed the leaked 2.1 or are already are running a different ROM that is 2.1, then something is wrong.

5. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running the leaked 2.1. It is rooted. The ROM that I am flashing to is the Fresh Rom. It is not incomplete. It did the same thing to me when I aslo tried to flash the Dameged ROM onto my phone.

6. me2u69

me2u69 Active Member

Hm.....
    At any rate you need to flash this from recovery and there is no reason to rename the file!
    I don't know why people think they need to rename the file!

Edit:
    Forgot one thing, if you can't get into recovery then you are not rooted!

7. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

How did you get the leaked 2.1 on your phone? If you have that then you must have flashed it and are rooted....did you flash a recovery image when you rooted? Also as was posted above what RA are you using? It may be outdated. Also if you are running a newer ROM then you may have to go back to stock RUU before flashing a ROM that is older build unless you made a nandroid backup......I may be wrong but that is what I have been told.