I am rooting right now

Last Updated:

1. tfleming23

tfleming23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Using Droidmod...any pieces of advice as this goes? Currently it is downloading the Droidmod update...

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

the dm updater is great for rooting and updating the recovery module. however i had many problems with the droidmod rom. constant reboots. i am currently running BB v.8 and loving it.

3. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Those reboots had to be an app/data problem. I along with countless others am running a DroidMod rom with little or no issues at all.

To the OP, there is a wealth of information in this subforum. My first advice would be to get Tempmonitor and SetCPU from the market and start enjoying not only the extra capabilities/apps in DM, but also speed it up so you can better enjoy them.

You will also now be able to use WiFi tethering, again there is plenty of info in here about that.

After that, do some serious reading on how to recover problems using root access, and possibly try some metamorph themes.

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

You have taken the first step. As the previous poster stated, read and learn. practice doing things without DroidMod. Get comfortable using the Android Debug Bridge (adb commands to manage your phone from your PC), using recovery to backup and restore, and don't just go through the motions, question the purpose each move. I started just where you are and really enjoy taking modding to each new level. There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum that is yours for the taking.

5. tfleming23

tfleming23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks.

I wound up going back and not doing it via droidmod. I went through the sticky and did everything step by step and now am running UltimateDroid 7.5, which is pretty sweet and very stable. The only thing I haven't done to this point is overclocked. Still on the fence whether to take that step.