I am so sorry.

Last Updated:

1. oysterfuzz

oysterfuzz Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got my incredible this morning at 11am. thank you fedex. and I literally rooted it first shot using the ten min vid and windows 7, stock sd card. I just wanted to say that I was kind of hoping I would have to work for it. and i'm sorry that I will never know some of the frustration this board had. If anyone has any questions. or lives in the central florida region. I will happily help.

It's late, i'm tired, I didn't search, feel free to modify this thread accordingly. sorry for that as well. lol

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

I got it on my first try to. Don't know why some others are having so much trouble.

Also not sure if I got lucky or others are just not following directions. Nowhere in that 10 min root vid does the OP keep pushing in and out the sd card. Yet I see people going out buying 10 different cards and failing...

3. oysterfuzz

oysterfuzz Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah. finishing up custom recovery now. no issues with that either

4. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

I was a first time root, first time android, and it took ten mins, the video rocks! I had no trouble :) windows vista, sandisk 8gb and i was rooted! glad to know i was lucky, a lot of people are having difficulties. :D

5. dawynkoop

dawynkoop Active Member

I had an Eris previously that I mistakingly updated with the 2.1 RUU and no matter what I tried I could not get that thing rooted again. I was worried I was going to have the same issue with my Incredible but 15 minutes after receiving it I had it rooted and recovery flashed, I couldn't believe how smooth it went.

6. pez252

pez252 Member

I got it on my first try of method 2 in the video (so second try). later I had to revert to stock as I thought I had to return the phone, and when it turned out I didn't have to, it took me forever to root it a second time.

It took days of trying and I ended up using a stop watch to time how long after selecting recovery to insert my sd card and slowly incrementing the time I waited. 7.5 seconds was the sweet spot for me with the stock 2GB card, and i was able to get adb in recovery repeatedly when waiting 7.5 seconds.

7. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

I hate you people. Took me hundreds of tries.

8. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

I got it in my second attempt by using the shipped SanDisk 2GB card formatted to NTFS (I actually got 2 from VZ, one installed already and a second one with a reader) and the Unrevoked drivers. I pushed the card in when my Windows 7 laptop played the USB device disconnect sound. Once the phone was recognized again and Windows had completed loading the drivers, I just typed
    Code (Text):
    1. adb devices
    at the command prompt on my laptop and voila - the phone was there in recovery. Swapped the SD card for the one I was using with the phone and finished the steps to install the custom payload via the method and files from the Unrevoked wiki. The only problems I had were with getting the root to remain permanent. That was due to me following an outdated posts. I have been able to duplicate it on my phone at will.

9. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member

I tried w/ Windows 7 64bit for 3 hours, couldn't get root to work. Put it on my older XP machine, took about 10 minutes to root.

10. csills

csills Member

Anyone know if a 8gb PNY card work instead of the 2GB?

11. Ekans

Ekans Member

So you got it today and you rooted today. So you did it before the update? To all the ones that can't get root, did you try downgrading?