• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I am stuck

caborobo

Jan 11, 2011
STL
Yet another newbie here. I rooted my droid1 with superoneclick. I have rom manager installed. My about phone section has android version 2.2.1 kernel 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5android-build@apa26#1 build frg83d. I cannot flash any roms or mods with rom manager. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Just a note for future reference you are really better off searching for the problem before you create a new thread. But anyways that is called a boot loop. Just a couple of questions for you. Did you wipe data and cache before the install? And do you know what a kernel is? If you do, do you have any on your sd card?

Edit: I realized you made the same post in the other thread that you made. Well I have an answer for you regardless.

Reactions: caborobo
Upvote 0
You need to load your back-up that you hopefully made when you had your working ROM. Then avoid flashing whatever caused the bootloop.

If you didn't make any back-ups then you will have to download a ROM to your computer and then transfer it to your phone via USB and install it from your SD card using your recovery. I am giving you a summary only.

If you need the exact steps post what you did exactly (which recovery you are using, what you flashed before it started bootlooping, etc) and someone will be able to guide you through the steps.

Reactions: caborobo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones