I am Stupid !!!!!

Last Updated:

1. hofiveo

hofiveo Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the Z4root app to my computer(Vista). I have the USB Debugging set, where are the drivers for the phone? What do I do next to root? Guys I am stupid when it comes to this computer and droid stuff, so please ease my overly frustrated mind so i dont throw my computer and phone and regret it later. I need detailed instructions for 5th grader. The phone came with 2.2 and is stock. After i download the drivers how do i get z4root to the phone. also please do not use abbreviations and such cause i have no clue. Thanks. Oh i do have USB set to pc mode.

Advertisement
  2. summamd

summamd Well-Known Member

With z4root, all you have to do is download it from the app market, click on root, follow the instructions it gives you and you're done.

If you're new to all this you may want to read through this thread to get an idea of what's involved with rooting, installing roms, unbricking ect.
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ing-custom-rom-theme-how-unbrick-droid-x.html

It's saved me quite a few times. Not sure why they haven't stickied it. Hope this helps.

hofiveo likes this.
  3. hofiveo

But I still need the drivers for the deodexing, where can I find those drivers?

4. dave8311

dave8311 Active Member

hofiveo likes this.
  5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I have my DX rooted, no deodoex at all. I don't know why everyone is so concerned with doing that on this device.. Why, if you want your device to be deodexed, not just download and flash a custom rom that is already deodexed for you?

hofiveo likes this.
  6. hofiveo

OK, thanks. Now i am showing how stupid i am. I downloaded the drivers(both) to multiple locations and still can not get the drivers installed. Do i have to unzip or move them somewhere what are some free unzip programs. I figure i would deodexed just cause i need to somewhere down the line. Like i said, I AM STUPID AT THIS STUFF. Thanks for all the help.

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Just do what G.Armour says. Here are your updated motorola drivers, but you really don't need them. Everything you want to do will be from your DX.

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola, Inc. USA

8. hofiveo

yeah, i did. The problem was i had debugging on and it would not do it. when i turned off debugging it downloaded the drivers.

9. Steven58

uh.. the drivers are for your COMPUTER, THEY ARE NOT TO BE DOWNLOADED TO YOUR PHONE!! :)

G.Armour likes this.
  10. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yeah dude, you install the Drivers on your computer.. but, make sure you turn on debugging on your phone before you try to use them...

11. Steven58

^^^^^ what he said. Also, you may have to stay in "charge mode" only to keep the debugging icon in your notifications menu.

12. hofiveo

Thanks for that. I knew it was for computer, just do not understand debugging. So now i am not going to deodexed. I have rooted and downloaded Bootstrap. Now i am searching for roms already deodexed. is rubix and launcher pro plus deodexed?

13. Steven58

Hi,

Rubix is deodexed. LPP is not a root app. It doesn't matter.

14. hofiveo

Okay i am confused again. I downloaded the rubixfocused1.8.6. to my computer. How do i get it to the sd card, mainly to the root part of the sd card. USB or bluetooth or an adapter to put in the computer? Ok i went and bought an adapter for sd card to fit my computer. I put it in and went thru the files and have nothing that says root. what to do now?

15. hofiveo

Better yet, is anyone from Memphis, TN willing to do this. I will pay.

16. Roll-Tide

Roll-Tide Well-Known Member

drap and drop the rubix file that you downloaded onto the sdcard...meaning not into a folder on the card, just on the card itself. boot into recovery by opening the bootstrap app, choose zip from sdcard, install, reboot...done. I don't know much, but I have flashed roms before so that's about all i can help with....but just a warning, and not trying to be an as* but if you're already having trouble with this it may not be a good idea to continue...

hofiveo likes this.
  17. hofiveo

ok did that and it is stuck on rubix start page i think. the rubix is turning and thats all. what now.

18. Roll-Tide

the first boot will take a few minutes...how long has it been stuck?

hofiveo likes this.
  19. hofiveo

just took battery out and back in. it was about 4-6 minutes. i will wait for awhile this time.

20. Roll-Tide

you took the battery out while it was booting?? ok...i guess make sure you wipe data and cache before you try to flash the rom this time....IF it will boot up and get to bootstrap

21. hofiveo

yes i did. if it will not boot, how do you get it to. where to wipe data and cache if i get there?

22. hofiveo

about 10 minutes now and still have rubix screen.

23. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

holy crap now i am confused!!lmao

24. hofiveo

the only thing i forgot to do was wipe data/cache and it is stuck at Rubix screen. here is what i found to fix it. Pull the battery, hold home down while you put it back in. Let go of home button when you see the M logo.
    When you get to the android recovery screen (little droid with ! in a triangle), hit the search button on the phone.
    From the menu, wipe data and cache, then reboot. It should take you into the ROM.

25. Roll-Tide

so you wiped data/cache from the android recovery and not clockwork? i guess as long as it works....does it work? FYI, I used rubix for a week and wanted to try tranquility instead...it was a complete pain trying to swap for me, so i had to sbf back to stock and I'm done trying "roms"...no apparent difference other than some bloatware removed...and you can hide the apps you don't use with launcherpro so it's easier anyway.