• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I am Stupid !!!!!

it looked just like bootstrap and it worked. i just do not like having my contacts missing. is there a way to restore them? do you have to deodexed with launcherpro? i guess i just need to theme and find apps for better battery life. the rubix looks good, i guess i need to play and set up everything: and study alot more about this stuff.

Upvote 0
i use gmail, so my contacts sync with gmail and always sync up automatically...the only way to go! launcherpro is just an app from the market, a home replacement so you don't have to use blur...it can be used on a stock phone, deodexing is something i never messed with anyway. by the way, you mentioned better battery life....mine improved quite a bit once i went back to stock compared to rubix, not sure why. best i remember, rubix looks like vanilla android since it has NO blur at all...in some ways i liked it better, but others i found myself missing the stock stuff with some blur treatment. since you are rooted now, i suggest the droid x overclock app from the market....speeds things up a little bit.

Reactions: hofiveo
Upvote 0
how do you add them. Sorry, I am stupid or dumb or whatever, but i do not see anywhere in contacts from dialer>contacts>settings for add to gmail or sync to gmail. I do have gmail account and have evrything synced andturned on and nowhere on the webbased gmail do i see all the names and phone numbers from all 105 contacts. I do not have any contacts in any email accounts as i do not use email often and if i do it is for a very short time and delete them. Sorry but thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Your contacts and everything should automatically sync with your Google account as soon as you sign into it. Assuming that you got the custom rom to load, it is one of the first things that it makes you do after a data wipe. Another thing, Launcher Pro is NOT a rom, you don't even need to be rooted to use it.
You have me curious though, why exactly do you want to flash a custom rom? Personally, I'm still enjoying my X stock, although I'm rooted. I have flashed many roms with different devices, but hell, IMO, Moto and Verizon did pretty dang good with this device. But everyone is different.
Oh, and if you figure out how to flash custom roms and you start doing it frequently, make sure you download Titanium Backup from the market, it will save all your apps and data so after you do a data wipe, you get everything back, oh and don't worry, you don't need to be deodexed for it either as it is just an app. ;)

Reactions: hofiveo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones