i am thinking about getting this phone. too late?

Last Updated:

1. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

long story short is i wanted the incredible hd. now its being pushed back till next year. however i got to really thinking about it and the inc hd may not be for me anyway. i will not be in a lte area for quite sometime and other than that there wont be any appreciable differences in it and the x imo.

one reason im not sure about the x is because the end of life is scheduled for 3/11. i am an avid follower of this site and i have seen what eol does to the forums for that particular phone. i have the og droid some times only a handful of posts are made each day. also im afraid that the dev's will participation will drop.

i take advantage of the early upgrades. so if i bought this phone i could upgrade in 11/11.

do you guys have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

If the X gets gingerbread, you will be happy with it through 11/11. If it doesnt get the upgrade, and a ton of new phones do, you might not be happy. I like the phone. It does what I want it to do.

digdug1 likes this.
  3. Pesti13nce

Pesti13nce Well-Known Member

One of the reasons i'm sticking with the D2 as my main phone and buying a Dx as a secondary phone to mess around with. Still a great phone tho.

4. digdug1

the droid two and global are just too similiar to my droid 1. im looking for a new feel and a larger sceen.

5. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

Buy one off of Ebay or craigslist, they have come down in price so you can probably get one new for $300-400. Then save your upgrade for something next year, and sell the X at that time for $200-300. Or keep it and have 2 phones.

6. digdug1

this is true and its where i got my groid 1. but i am under the impressiion that there will be some possible sales on the x on black friday. the sales price of this phone just may help make my decision as well. i got a private sale offer from verizon for the inc for 99. the sale ends the thursday before black friday.

7. muhcells

muhcells Member

i had the standard incredible since launch. "upgraded" to the x a month ago and i am dealing with it. in my opinion, the inc is better all around, with the exception of battery life and screen size.

8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I got over it... don't regret it now.

9. digdug1

How so? I haven't considered the incredible. Mostly because screen size and battery life are very important to me.

10. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Some people prefer the SenseUI to blur. Most of those apps have a similar app that works on the X.

11. rehpyc

rehpyc Well-Known Member

saying sensui > blur is kind of a moot point if you are going to root your phone. there's multiple ROM's available, some entirely blurless, to fit your needs and visual appeal.

I don't intend on really doing much 3D gaming on my phone (I have a computer for that), so I really don't see what the phones over the next year will really provide me above what my X can already do. the X may have an eol of march of next year, but the D1 also had an eol and received 2.2 before most other Verizon devices. the X is still a flagship device for Verizon, so it could very well receive 2.3.. or it may not.

12. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat as you were. I wanted the INC HD but after hearing it might be delayed due to LTE I jumped on the Droid X last thursday. I'm guessing where I live wont get LTE for a couple of years.

I was actually leaning toward the Fascinate but I figured The DX will get 2.3 way before the Fascinate does and I like the HDMI out. I'm assuming the DX is more than powerful enough to run Gingerbread and since its in the Droid line it helps its chances of getting it.

So far the DX blows my D1 out of the water and I love the 8 gigs of app storage.

13. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

I'd wait for the Nexus S to be announced and make your decision then.

14. digdug1

isnt that for t mobile only though?

15. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. Agree that the Incredible is the better phone in the ways that you list + call quality. Very important to me.

16. mikeydooodie

mikeydooodie Well-Known Member

you wont need another phone until lte hits your area with a beast of a phone. luckily i live in nyc so lte would be hitting here first most likely but im still not going to make a jump until they make the droid x lte(lol i can dream right)