• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i am thinking about getting this phone. too late?

digdug1

Android Expert
Apr 27, 2010
long story short is i wanted the incredible hd. now its being pushed back till next year. however i got to really thinking about it and the inc hd may not be for me anyway. i will not be in a lte area for quite sometime and other than that there wont be any appreciable differences in it and the x imo.

one reason im not sure about the x is because the end of life is scheduled for 3/11. i am an avid follower of this site and i have seen what eol does to the forums for that particular phone. i have the og droid some times only a handful of posts are made each day. also im afraid that the dev's will participation will drop.

i take advantage of the early upgrades. so if i bought this phone i could upgrade in 11/11.

do you guys have any suggestions?

this is true and its where i got my groid 1. but i am under the impressiion that there will be some possible sales on the x on black friday. the sales price of this phone just may help make my decision as well. i got a private sale offer from verizon for the inc for 99. the sale ends the thursday before black friday.

Upvote 0
saying sensui > blur is kind of a moot point if you are going to root your phone. there's multiple ROM's available, some entirely blurless, to fit your needs and visual appeal.

I don't intend on really doing much 3D gaming on my phone (I have a computer for that), so I really don't see what the phones over the next year will really provide me above what my X can already do. the X may have an eol of march of next year, but the D1 also had an eol and received 2.2 before most other Verizon devices. the X is still a flagship device for Verizon, so it could very well receive 2.3.. or it may not.

Upvote 0
I was in the same boat as you were. I wanted the INC HD but after hearing it might be delayed due to LTE I jumped on the Droid X last thursday. I'm guessing where I live wont get LTE for a couple of years.

I was actually leaning toward the Fascinate but I figured The DX will get 2.3 way before the Fascinate does and I like the HDMI out. I'm assuming the DX is more than powerful enough to run Gingerbread and since its in the Droid line it helps its chances of getting it.

So far the DX blows my D1 out of the water and I love the 8 gigs of app storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones