• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I am very NEW and very very GREEN to Android

Hi everyone at this forum. My name is Benny and I hope to learn all I can in this forum about Android. I am a Malaysian and any Msians in this forum please PM me !

I am a complete nerd to Android as being mainly a Windows Mobile ( more than 15 years ) and Blackberry user ( about 4 years ) . I have given up Symbian ( about 2 years )

My most important concerns to consider Android are few and hope can find solutions here .

1. PIM sync with Macs ( first priority ) and Windows XP or Windows 7 ( last priority )
2. Tweaking utilities to enhance performance
3. Ease of "flashing" the rom
4. Software costs, installation methods and availabilty
5. Ability to backup SMS as a separate text file and restoration possibilities
6. Ability to backup/restore Emails

Well I will try to find the answers here ; if you can assist with some pointers that would be nice but not really necessary

By the way I am a retiree so I have plenty of time on my hand to learn and what better way than to learn from all of you guys here

I know I am going to have fun and enjoy myself here.
I have plans to buy the Nexus One ( probably within 1-2 month ) once I know more about Android

Hi everyone at this forum. My name is Benny and I hope to learn all I can in this forum about Android. I am a Malaysian and any Msians in this forum please PM me !

I am a complete nerd to Android as being mainly a Windows Mobile ( more than 15 years ) and Blackberry user ( about 4 years ) . I have given up Symbian ( about 2 years )

My most important concerns to consider Android are few and hope can find solutions here .

1. PIM sync with Macs ( first priority ) and Windows XP or Windows 7 ( last priority )
2. Tweaking utilities to enhance performance
3. Ease of "flashing" the rom
4. Software costs, installation methods and availabilty
5. Ability to backup SMS as a separate text file and restoration possibilities
6. Ability to backup/restore Emails

Well I will try to find the answers here ; if you can assist with some pointers that would be nice but not really necessary

By the way I am a retiree so I have plenty of time on my hand to learn and what better way than to learn from all of you guys here

I know I am going to have fun and enjoy myself here.
I have plans to buy the Nexus One ( probably within 1-2 month ) once I know more about Android
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones