I appreciate my DROID more than ANY of you...

Last Updated:

1. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Last week, I got tired of having this weird feeling that I was a little short of breath. I chocked it up to just having some congestion in my lungs. Then last Wednesday night I woke up more than once throughout the night having to just take a few deep breaths just to catch my breath. Not cool. Something's not right. Thursday morning I went into Urgent Care and was quickly diagnosed with A-Fib (Atrial Fibrillation). It's a pretty scary thing if it goes untreated ... could turn into a heart attack or stroke. Urgent Care rushed me to the Emergency Room of the nearest Cleveland Clinic.

By Thursday night I was "IN" the hospital and I knew I was going to be there awhile. O-freakin'-joy! :rolleyes: Fortunately, the Olympics are on so I did have some TV to watch. But even more fortunate is the fact that I had my DROID to keep me company for the next several days. I grew a new level of appreciation for this little thing. :)

My DROID and I were released Tuesday evening and we're very glad to be back at home. Me in my own bed, and my DROID in it's multimedia dock. Yes!

So you see ... I DO appreciate my DROID more than ANY of you. I think I'll treat it to a new ROM tonight. What the heck? ;)

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Glad you're up and around and feeling better, m8!

3. messenger13

Thanks. I guess I did leave the story a little open-ended. They have the A-Fib under control with medications. I had just about every test you can have and everything came back clean as a whistle. The doctors figure I had a viral infection that caused the A-Fib. We're all hoping that my heart goes back into it's normal rhythm all by itself ... sooner than later.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Any type of fibrillating is bad - no heat pumpy pumpy, no sweet O2 for brainy brainy.

I did not know that any type of fibrillating could be caused by a viral infection, though - that is the part that is actually scaring me the most....

5. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

good you are ok, i thought you were going to dl an app that diagnosed you haha, but yeah, when you have a good amount of time with it, its cool. great device

6. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Is there an app to use the Droid as an AED, just in case? lol

Glad to hear you're ok. Keep that ticker tocking.

7. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

awww :)

8. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

Well first off, glad you're ok man, that's pretty scary. And yeah, my Droid keeps me company all day. It's like my little partner in crime.

9. socalrailroader

socalrailroader Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm glad they were able to get you treated quick! Get feeling better!

10. andy44512

andy44512 Active Member

good to here that your ok.

11. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Wow... I bet that there's a whole new appreciation for not just the Droid, but for everything!!

Makes you wanna buy some running shoes and clean up your diet and all that stuff (if you're not already)... can't hurt!

Or maybe kinda like Avatar, they can hook you up to a usb port, get your brain rooted, and install Bugless Beauty and bump up your proccessor speed with SetCPU.

Sooooooooooo glad your doing well and that you're back!!!!!!!:):):)

12. cacophony

cacophony Member

Glad everything's okay.

BTW, I had that happen about 2 years ago. Heart was beating funny for several hours, so I finally went to the ER.

It was Afib. Heart rate was jumping all over the place every other second... 80, 150, 100, 140, 90, etc. They tried meds (including a shot to the stomach, ouch), but it didn't work. Finally, they did the defibrillator (high voltage) on me (they said it took 2 hits to get me back in rhythm). All in all, I was there about 6-8 hours.

I was under a lot of stress leading up to that. They thought it was also bad diet and too much caffeine (a few cokes a day). I've cut out the caffeine altogether and try to eat better, and no problems since (knock on wood).

13. njdroid

njdroid New Member

Good to hear you're doing well, and I hope you stay that way. I guess it's things like this that get us to let let you know how grateful we are for all you do on this site. I've learned a lot just reading your comments since getting my droid. (I don't post much since my technical skills are limited.)

14. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

What ROM will you be treating it to tonight?

15. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

Glad you're doing okay Joe. You seem like a really cool dude.

16. professa

professa Member

I was diagnosed with A-Fib at 24 (30 now), they've had to use the defibrillator on me on two separate occasions but now I have to take meds for it to keep it in check. Definitely makes you look at things when they bring up the risks of heart attack, stroke, and blood clots. Glad to hear you're doing better.

17. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your doing okay

18. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

Scary stuff! Glad to hear you are feeling better! And yeah, Droid DOES come in handy filling in hours of boredom.

19. stevonyc34

stevonyc34 Well-Known Member

Does droid do defibrillation?
    welcome back Joe!

20. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member

I heard it only does it if you have the 2600 seidio extended battery :D

I guess droid does stop extreme boredom

I glad to hear your doing better Joe. I hope you had a good 3g signal or maybe some free hospital wifi while you were there!:D

21. dpeco33

dpeco33 Active Member

Glad you were smart and astute enough to go and get checked out, before you may have checked out;)

I know a teenager, 17, had issues and was not willing to go to the Docs, come to find out he had some dental issues (infection in the root), that caused bacteria(I believe) to cause issues with an aortal valve or vein etc. he is OK now but docs advised that it was eating at the valve and could have caused major issues, like a major bleed or heart Attack!:eek: Scary stuff.

Any way, glad to hear you are OK!

22. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're doing well after that, but is the Droid sick too? Did the doctors take good care of her? ;)

23. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Very glad to hear you're doing better, joe. I had some funny comments to make but people took them all already :p

24. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Glad you are OK...I can imagine your Droid saved you from a ton of boring hours!

25. messenger13

Thanks for all the kind words my peeps. Every little thing's ... gonna be alright. ;)

Dude! You totally suck! I was really counting on you, and THIS is what you post? :confused: DAG!!! :D