I been trying to install the Tmo G1 usb Driver and its not working i got xp pro SP2General

Last Updated:

1. RanT476

RanT476 Member

Hello good people of Android Froums

I've jailbroken/rooted my Tmo HTC G1 JFv1.51 radio updated also and i've been trying to install the USB Drivers since before i rooted my phone i got the phone like a monthback i downloaded SDK and all tryed to install the driver that came with the SDK i downloaded other drivers none of them work im running Windows XP Pro SP2 they always say "Cannot Continue the Hardware Update Wizard" it says that it means it cant find a better match of software than the software i have installed alrdy but the usb device says "Unknown Device" and i've read the forums for like 2 hours and nothings helping so maybe some help from a mod would help i bet it would lol so i dnt kno what to do and if i left anything out feel free to ask and sorry if i posted in the wrong section thx : )

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Please make sure you have the latest SDK 1.5 as well .. If not uninstall the OLD SDK and download the new

On your PC ... go to your device manager and remove/delete any drives that are marked with any yellow Cautions !

Delete and devices that show as Android and especially USB devices showing problems ...

Reboot your computer ... let every thing settle and finsih after rebooting...

Now connect the USB phone cable and phone .... DO NOT MOUNT the USB

The computer should find new hardware....blah blah blah and then the wizard should start ... run the wizard and you should get a good install ...

Your computer's environmental setting must include the path for the Sdk/Tools folder where ADB and fastboot reside ..(if you plan on using these) which is probably one of the reasons you installed the SDK ...

I am attaching a portion of my guide for Nandroid Restore ...as it also addresses the setup of SDK tools i.e. adb.exe
    1.) SDK 1.5 (currently the latest) .. -- there are two tools in here that you well need ... -- a.) ADB.exe -- b.) FastBoot.exe) -- link for the SDK 1.5

2.) After downloading the sdk package unzip its contents into a directory -- (easy to remember and short), I suggest: C:\SDK_15

3.) For Window path environmental you want to include the path to the -- directory C:\SDK_15\tools --- On Windows, right-click on My Computer, and select Properties.

Under the Advanced tab, hit the Environment Variables button, and in the dialog that comes up, double-click on Path (under System Variables). Add the full path to the tools/ directory to the path.

4.) Now you need to get the Windows drivers installed so windows can communicate with the G1

via ADB & FastBoot. FOR ADB : ===============================================================================

--- You want to hook you phone to the PC with the USB cable. DO NOT Enable USB access to the SDCard ... like you might usually do ... Windows will find a report finding new hardware... and will popup the "Found New Hardware Wizard" .

--- You will NOT use AUTO but click on "Install from a list or specific location(Advanced)

--- Then ... Click : Next >

--- On the next Screen Click on the box "Include this location in the Search;" and type in the following path ... C:\SDK\SDK_15\usb_driver\x86 (for XP) and not (AMD64) (this assumes you used the same directory structure settings that I recommended ... if you didn't Shame Upon YOU!! then adjust your entry accordingly ... Click NEXT ... and

--- Patiently wait while Windows install the Windows drivers for the USB/ADB hardware interface ... You should receive a successful Completion and then click FINISH you are now ready to have you G1 recognized when you connect it with the USB Cable ..

--- Should you fail the install then go into the DeviceManager for the PC and Delete the incomplete install driver ... and try again ..

--- TEST IT OUT... Click on the Windows Start button || then select RUN from the options In input box type CMD (enter or OK) The CMD.exe Command Line Interpreter box will open ... with the phone still connect .... Type adb devices .... If all is good then ADB will return the Serial Number of the Connected Phone ... CONGRATS so far !!!
  3. ka6uup

ka6uup New Member

Where can I find thios?