• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I bricked it like the noob i am

hulkmn069

Lurker
Jan 22, 2012
Hey folks i just rooted my exhibit ii and went through freezing some apps with ti backup and i hit one that pissed the phone off. i was unable to get back to the home screen or any of the applications. the only button that really worked was the back button and that kept putting me into the contacts and my wx app. needless to say i can't get back to ti backup and when the phone boots now it freezes on the samsung screen after the exhibit 2 and android screen, and won't respond to anything. any help would be great thanks.

Now, I'm not familiar with that phone, but that doesn't sound like a brick'd phone to me!
Did you happen to make a nandroid before you started freezing apps? If so you could restore one and be all good. If not, I'd check around and see if you can find anything specific on the Titanium Backup threads anywhere, I'm sure there is a safe guard that'll allow it to unfreeze the app.

Upvote 0
i didn't make a nandroid before freezing what i did. I have found out that if you call the phone i can answer. it also allows me to turn the thing off and adjust the volume. it's working i just dont' have a home screen. i'm kinda lost right now BTW can i get a mod to move this to the exhibit ii thread. kinda screwed this up from the beginning.
Also can someone break this down a little better. i've done all the downloads but can't open a terminal.?

21. I have frozen too many apps and now I can't even use my device to launch Titanium Backup! What can I do?

• Let's hope that you have USB debugging enabled, "adb" root access on your device and a Busybox version that has the "sed" command.
  • Install the Android SDK Tools
    external_link.gif
    on a computer.
  • Connect your device to your computer via USB.
  • Open a terminal and login with "adb shell".
  • Type the following command (replace with /dbdata/system/packages.xml if you have a Samsung phone):
    busybox sed -n 's/<package name="\([^"]\+\)".*enabled="false".*/\1/p' /data/system/packages.xml | while read PKG; do pm enable "$PKG"; done

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones