I bricked it !!!!!!!!!!

Last Updated:

1. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:eek: So here's what happend, yesterday, in an attempt to extend my battery life I decided I would do a couple of battery cycles (let the battery run all the way out till it shuts down, then charge to 100%) So the first cycle yesterday, I did it without any problems. Then today I went to do it again. I was down to 9% and I wanted it to hurry up and get down to 0 & shut down so to speed up the process I turned on everything. wifi, 3g, autosync, gps, flash light, and I was streaming Pandora. It only took a couple minutes after that, then it was lights out. Then I charged it for an Hour and a half, light still amber. Then I got into a different car so I unpluged it from the cigarette lighter, pluged it back into the next car andthe light was amber again but only for a few second then it turned green, so I continued charging for about 10 more minutes, unpluged, hit power, and I was stuck on the skateboards screen. It wouldn't go beyond that screen even after like 10 minutes :eek: so I pulled the bat, & tried to reboot from the bootloader. Same result. Next I booted into recovery & tried rebooting from there. Same result. So finally I tried doing a nand restore to KFv30. The restore was sucessfull but the reboot was not :eek: I dont know what your definition of "Bricked" is, but if the only thing your phone will do is show you the skateboard screen, in my book IT'S F***IN BRICKED. So my new referb & I are sitting here debating how long we will run her stock before we root her :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

If you can get HBOOT to appear on the screen, or the Amon_RA recovery, you are not bricked.

That does not mean that recovery to a working phone will be easy, but it doesn't meet the definition of a brick.

Running your battery "down to zero" accomplishes almost nothing with Li-Ion batteries, and only increases the risks that you will experience write errors to flash memory. You can not get "more life" out of a Li-Ion battery by running it through generous discharges - the only thing that will improve is the prediction of remaining battery charge that the phone makes.

I would investigate the possibility that your battery was so deeply discharged that the charging protection circuit will no longer allow it to take a charge.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that's good to know. I think my battery survived though because I just gave a full charge in the new refurb. So far so good