• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just heard that you should store a contact in your cell phone labeled I.C.E. for In Case of Emergency and that first responders will look for it. I've never heard of this until a few days ago.

As far as a "feature" how do you mean other than just storing a contact as such?

Instead of creating an ICE contact you could pick a contact from your list. An ICE button/option is present on the lock screen. Along with the emergency contact info you can easily add your birth date, blood type, allergies, and any additional notes. On my Kyocera you could pick the ICE tab from within the contacts menu. Also, the emergency contact's information isn't listed. It will dial but hides their info. It's handy for me since I leave my phone password protected/locked.

Upvote 0
Instead of creating an ICE contact you could pick a contact from your list. An ICE button/option is present on the lock screen. Along with the emergency contact info you can easily add your birth date, blood type, allergies, and any additional notes. On my Kyocera you could pick the ICE tab from within the contacts menu. Also, the emergency contact's information isn't listed. It will dial but hides their info. It's handy for me since I leave my phone password protected/locked.

That is a pretty cool feature, never seen it tho. Only thing I know about it is to add contact as an ICE.

Is it something like this app? ICE widget

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones