I. C. E.General

1. AlmytyHeretic

AlmytyHeretic Member

Just wondering if someone can tell me whether or not the ICE feature is on this phone or not. It was on my last android with ice cream sandwich but I can't seem to bring it up on this one.

Advertisement
  2. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

I just heard that you should store a contact in your cell phone labeled I.C.E. for In Case of Emergency and that first responders will look for it. I've never heard of this until a few days ago.

As far as a "feature" how do you mean other than just storing a contact as such?
  3. AlmytyHeretic

AlmytyHeretic Member

Instead of creating an ICE contact you could pick a contact from your list. An ICE button/option is present on the lock screen. Along with the emergency contact info you can easily add your birth date, blood type, allergies, and any additional notes. On my Kyocera you could pick the ICE tab from within the contacts menu. Also, the emergency contact's information isn't listed. It will dial but hides their info. It's handy for me since I leave my phone password protected/locked.
  4. freesunshine

freesunshine Well-Known Member

That is a pretty cool feature, never seen it tho. Only thing I know about it is to add contact as an ICE.

Is it something like this app? ICE widget