• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can connect to wifi but no internet on Samsung Galaxy S5

I am having problems with one specific wifi. I was able to connect and have internet, but all of a sudden the internet doesn't work. I can connect to other wifi's and have internet with no problems. My husband has the same phone and his still works fine. I have tried restarting, taking out the battery, forgetting the connection and doing a soft reset ( from the backup and reset menu). Any other ideas?

No, I can't read email on my Galaxy or do anything else requiring internet. I'm in a hotel so have no way to change the router! It seems it must be a problem within my phone since my husband's exact same phone works fine. Mine worked for 3 days then stopped getting internet. I tried clearing the cache and cookies but no luck.
We just noticed that our phones are getting different IP addresses from the router. His is a normal address and mine is a generic 192.168.1.24

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones