I can finally get one!

Last Updated:

1. tmette

tmette Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, just found out that I can get a new Droid for the 2 year contract price! I upgraded my phone to an enV Touch back in July. I wanted a smartphone but couldn't get one because I didn't have a job and couldn't afford the Data Plan. Now that I have a job all I will have to pay for is the phone and the Data Plan (on parents Family Plan).

I thought I was going to have to pay full price, but my grandfather is on our plan too and has been eligible for an upgrade since August of 2007! I called up Verizon Customer Support and they said I can just use their upgrade and they won't have to change phones or anything. I will also keep my same number. I'm sooooo happy that I'm finally getting a Droid. Always wanted an iPhone but didn't want to switch off my Family Plan. To be honest I think I'll like this better than the iPhone given the fact that I do everything through Google anyways. I'm pretty excited, going to ask grandpa tonight if I can use his upgrade and if so, then I might be able to swing by the Verizon store tomorrow morning before it closes!
    :D

Advertisement
  2. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Congrats, your going to love it!!

3. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

did the same but i bought a Rogue in September and my brother doesn't have a job so i gave him the rogue and used his upgrade for a droid. love it!

4. tmette

Yea, just have to convince Grandpa to say, "Yes you can use my upgrade." Pretty confident that he will however since he's happy with his phone because it has large buttons and everything that he needs.

5. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

well if he wants one of those kinds of phones buy him a new phone off ebay he'll never know the difference lol

6. tmette

Haha, yea but I couldn't do that to my Gpa. I would feel too guilty. I'm definitely going to back myself up by saying, "You can always use my upgrade this coming July if you choose to upgrade later on."

I guess since my line is the primary number on the plan I can upgrade phones each year? Didn't know that but I'm not waiting that long to get a Android phone.

7. sinkcolinsink

sinkcolinsink Member

Keep in mind that if you order the phone online you'll save the 100 dollars instantly, and you can switch the phone numbers online as well.

8. tmette

Yes, I do realize this. However, my father is really big on keeping business local, and we do all of our Verizon services through a local re-seller. Another perk from getting it from our store is that if I find anything wrong with it (my enV Touch had a loose hinge) I can immediately take it back and they can swap it out with another brand new one.

Thanks for looking out for me though!

9. tmette

Well everything is a go. Plan on walking into the Verizon store tomorrow around 10 and picking myself up a Droid. Pretty excited about this and I'm sure all I'm going to do tonight is surf this Forum and watch YouTube videos on the Droid.

I will also get to show it off tomorrow night at a Christmas party.

What a great weekend! :)

10. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Grats