I can open it but now what??Support

Last Updated:

1. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an excel sheet that I open fine with gmail. But my only option in email is to "preview" not "download" or "save?"

I want to be able to open, edit and re-save. Is this possible on the Incredible??

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Dave_S

Dave_S Member

Not sure if you can edit the excel file but i know if you upload the file to Google Docs you can then access the online version and you can make edits to the online document.

I know this does not answer the original question but it is a good work around.

3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

4. izzy35

I have Quick Office. I wouldn't mind downloading the above app. The problem is, I open the email, it shows there's an attachment, but my only option is "preview." I don't even know how to download it or get it ON the Incredible. I guess that's step 1 because the apps are only going to help if I have a file to work with, which currently I don't until I figure this out.

Any help?

5. woop

I personally haven't had an excel file emailed to me through Gmail, so I cannot comment. However, the first thing that comes to mind in terms of an immediately easy-work-around would be just to use your mobile browser and directly go to gmail.com. It should look normal in terms of attachment and give you the option to download I believe.

6. izzy35

I actually just read that this is a problem with these phones. Apparently u can only download a pic??!! This is HORRIBLE! Pretty shocked that this is the case. Thanks for trying!!

I now have it on my device after going through the mobile site and downloading it, problem is, opening it with Quick Office, i can't edit?? This should not be so difficult. :-(

7. woop

Did you try Documents To Go?

8. izzy35

Allows me to open but have the pay for the editing version. Totally NOT cool.