• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can`t make /system go rw

Fireintie

Lurker
Sep 7, 2016
I just wanted to change a line of code to make my xposed work for my android 4.4.2 on Honor 4x. I realised that i need to mount my /systen rw... but i can`t do that!

I tried tons of commands like:
mount -o rw,remount /system
mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/(here tons of other endings) /system
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/(something) /system

And it always said:
mount: read-only file system
225|root@hwChe2: / #

Because no commands ork for me .I wonder if it has something to do with kernel...

(And yes - I used su command - u can see that by # sighn)

Welcome to AF, @Fireintie!

Does the Honor 4x have an unlockable bootloader?

That might be the reason that you cannot remount /system in read-write mode...

Your commands look okay to me, but if you could provide the output of a full mount command or (better yet) a "mount | grep /system" that would be helpful (that still doesn't mean you'll be able to get it to work--I'm just trying to verify that your mount command attempts were correct).

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
When i write getenforce it shows: Enforcing
Should i change it to permissive?

Btw. Sorry for not responding so quickly as u do

Oh, no, don't change it...that just tells me that your system might be also enforcing the write-protection on /system because of SE Linux's policies.

You might be able to try invoking the mount command via su with a special context that might work:

su --context u:r:init:s0 -c "mount -o remount,rw /system"

It's a bit tricky to nail-down which context will work...the above works on my Nexus 5.

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
Can you r/w system with ES File Explorer, Root Explorer etc? If not, you may have to unlock your bootloader as Scary Alien mentioned earlier. I'd go with DC-Unlocker for your Huawei. I've used it on a handful of different Huawei devices with success. Never a bad idea to get unlocked - surely there must be a custom recovery out there for the 4x by now - then you can back up and prevent future issues from messing about in /system and elsewhere.

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei_phones_detect_unlock_tutorials

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones