I cannot boot into recovery mode..

Last Updated:

1. hunterx119

hunterx119 Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 20, 2010
    Hey all, i just recently came upon my new samsung moment, so i wanted to go ahead and root it after having my rooted hero with froyo, and i loved it.

Anywhos, i got to the point where I update it using the files i got off of the tutorial, and now im at the point where i need to boot into recovery in order to flash the phone with my new rom. However, here lies the issue. My phone is turned off, and i hold down volume down, and both the call and end buttons simultaneously. It starts to load up, but then it just basically loads into my phone like it normally should. I hold the buttons down all the way through this time, and same deal.. so what am i doing wrong here??

2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Nov 4, 2009
    My guess is you're pressing the end (power) button a little before the other buttons and turning the phone on. If it continues to be a problem, just d/l quick boot from the market. It has a boot to recovery feature that works very well.
  3. squiddy20

squiddy20 Active Member

May 19, 2010
    Yeah, I find I have the most success with this when I hold the buttons one at a time till all three are pressed. I press and hold first the volume down, then the call, then the power on, in sequence. I've only booted regularly on accident once, and that was because I was rushing, and didnt hit the right key combo.